Deceptive Accessory Sales
abigailsw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched plans and upgraded my phone this evening to an iPhone 6. In the process of the transaction, the VZW sales person kept saying he'd "bundle in" a "Free LifeProof Case" for me. Over and over, kept saying "Free Lifeproof Case". I got through all the fast talk marketing and product name-drops, purposely confusing non-comparisons of different plans, and then finally walked out with my phone. I got home and looked at the receipt. I was charged full price for the case! The case is a Lifeproof "FRE". FRE is the *model* name, not the price of "free", but the VZW sales person kept referring to the great deal I was getting with this bundle. I am incredibly angry with this tactic. I have small children at home, and getting out of the house to return the case is a costly inconvenience. What is the best plan of action for dealing with this?

Labels (1)
Re: Deceptive Accessory Sales
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You always deserve clear and accurate information, abigailsw. I apologize for the experience as selling with integrity is at the forefront of our business. We do offer a 14 day return period to help you find some time as the return must be completed in store. May I have the store location and representative name as well so we can ensure this is addressed through the appropriate feedback channel?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes