Just got a msg on my phone that "Your Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account has been set up on another phone, so we need to reset it on this phone." What the hell does that mean?
sunface

Just got a msg on my phone that "Your Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account has been set up on another phone, so we need to reset it on this phone."  What the hell does that mean?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just got a msg on my phone that "Your Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account has been set up on another phone, so we need to reset it on this phone."  What the hell does that mean?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> What the hell does that mean?

Sounds like your VZW backup assistant account has been activated on another phone.  They need to reset the account on your current phone so that everything synchs up.

I would contact VZW directly for more information about the services you are paying for and what devices they are tied to.  Perhaps you or a family member has been monkeying around and turned on or downloaded something you didn't intend them to.

0 Likes
Re: Just got a msg on my phone that "Your Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account has been set up on another phone, so we need to reset it on this phone." What the hell does that mean?
sunface

I did call them & was on hold when I posted this. The Technical Support person had never heard of this before. UGH! after her guessing for 40 minutes on what it could be I asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told he was in a meeting. Never called me back. So annoying.

I’ve asked my daughter & husband if they did anything and both said no.

I did see where Verizon Cloud supposedly is better than Backup Assistant do you have any thoughts on that?

Cathy

PS. Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Re: Just got a msg on my phone that "Your Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account has been set up on another phone, so we need to reset it on this phone."  What the hell does that mean?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> The Technical Support person had never heard of this before.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/backup-assistant/

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

Backup assistant auto backs up your and contacts so that you can more easily move from one phone to another. VZW cloud backs up your content like pictures, movies, songs etc. 

> I did see where Verizon Cloud supposedly is better than Backup Assistant   do you have any thoughts on that?

Nope.  I prefer manual data backup and transfers.  I tend to use either USB cable connections or Bluetooth to transfer my content and contacts from device to device.  No need to pay VZW for either of those services IMO.

Just make sure you are not getting charged for anything you are not or did not intend to use and you will be fine.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! We certainly want to know that your information is backed up and secure. Let's get to the bottom of this together. May I ask, what type of phone do you have? Had you recently changed phones or upgraded your phone line? What happens when you actually go to the Back up Assistant on the phone?

The Verizon Cloud is the new version of the Back up Assistant and actually offers more back up options for our customers. Knowing that your pictures, contacts, music, and files are safe make this a great way to store things on your phone with the security of not losing them.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Just got a msg on my phone that "Your Verizon Backup Assistant Plus account has been set up on another phone, so we need to reset it on this phone." What the hell does that mean?
sunface

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 Black Phone. You should be able to see that on my account. It got it when you had the promotion on the Nokia Lumia 2520 Black Tablet.

I have never been able to set up a Microsoft account. When I click on Backup Assistant Plus, it loads, and then a screen pops up asking me to Enter your Microsoft account password. The user name cwillmann2@live.com is already there. About a year ago, my daughter tried to help me set it up, but couldn’t get it to work.

I don’t play games on my phone, shop on my phone, do apps on my phone. All I do is text, call, take pictures, send pictures, receive texts, calls, pictures.

And now I can’t find that page telling me that my account had been set up on another phone either.

I would really appreciate a phone call. I called and spoke with a Technical Support person who never heard of this before and all she kept doing was guessing as to what happened. I asked for her supervisor. Was told he was in a meeting. Gave my home number. Never heard from anyone.

Getting really frustrated.

Catherine Willmann

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sunface, this would also drive me bananas. Let's make sure your phone is set up as needed.

I do want to let you know that we do not have any way of viewing your account in any way directly off of the forums we are communicating on. Please do not post any personal information publicly, in the community forums.

With your current Microsoft account, are you able to successfully enter in your password when attempting to access or download that application?

Do you have access to that email account if you try to access that emails web page?

Not sure if you have tried this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

It can help with recovering your Windows account to make sure you are able to set up these services and features on your device.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes