Why does Verizon sell unreliable phones?
farmergirl

Samsung Galaxy SIII mini drops calls. I was told phone not a good one when I took it to Verizon.  Had a new sim card and then a new phone.  Drops calls all the time.  What if an emergency situation arose and proper help couldn't be summoned.  Verizon refuses to replace phone until contract time is up.  Offered to sell me another phone.  I was told service in the area is poor.  Not true.  The antenna on these phones apparently are the problem.  Will be going to another company when feasible.

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon sell unreliable phones?
Snn5
Legend

That statement is subject to comparison by relative opinionated interpretation.  Many factors come into the strength of signal received.  Terrain, environment, buildings and their materials, distance to towers, etc...  When you say you "took" it to Verizon, was this from another network or when you took the Verizon S3 Mini to a store?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unable to edit myself, didn't see your edit about contract.  If you do not have the extended warranty then yes, the responsibility is on the user for repairs or replacement until such time that contracts are renewed or you buy another Verizon phone at full cost or from a reseller.

0 Likes
farmergirl

It drops calls everywhere.

0 Likes
farmergirl

One year warranty is up 9/10.  What's the use of getting another phone just like it?  Can't it be replaced with a different phone of equal value?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

People assume a newer phone equal value. They offer you a G2 or G3 or you expect S6? Also the warranty agreement is actually between you and the manufacturer. They do what they agreed to do for the manufacturer so you don't have to send your device to Samsung have them do whatever and then send it back to you. More than likely you'll wait 2-3 weeks for a refurbished unit from the manufacturer. By them giving you something else Verizon or any carrier for that matter will have to eat the costs so they are going to more than likely not offer what you think is equal value.