Lollipop for Z3v
Michael_Alex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon soooo behind on a lollipop update? I wish I got a Z3 directly from Sony they updated back in January. Other companies updating to 5.1 by now I still don't have a 5.0. VERIZON WHERE IS MY LOLLIPOP!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Lollipop for Z3v
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michael_Alex , We understand the importance of having the latest and greatest when it comes to software updates as it is the soul of the phone. To stay abreast of the software updates, please  visit our site at http://vz.to/1GToUsG

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michael_Alex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you seriously calling this an answer? This just confirms that I need leave Verizon. You don't even have a clue of when we will be getting the update when every forum on line is buzzing about how Verizon is lagging half a year behind everyone else

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This honestly breaks my heart Michael_Alex. Losing you over a software update is a hard pill to swallow. I do apologize as this information has not been provided to us yet. Is something wrong with your phone?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michael_Alex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

There is nothing wrong with my phone. It just wouldn't you think that when you have top of the line hardware it is just fare to expect a top of the line software with it.

A specially when other providers with the same phone already updated. Verizon was the first to offer this phone on the market why are they the last to update it?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote -

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Lollipop for Z3v"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1304129#1304129

0 Likes
GC73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's complete and utter lack of any meaningful replies to these many similar questions about the Lollipop update is really inexcusable. Yes, there is something 'wrong' with our phones: I and others purchased this device with the understanding that it WOULD be updated to Lollipop and that it would happen in early 2015. It is now August. I was fully expecting, among other things, that the software update would fix the problem that the phone cannot currently do simultaneous voice and data. This was expressly stated as a known issue that would be fixed with the next software update, expected soon. (I bought mine in March.) Had I known it would take this long for that to be fixed, I would not have purchased this model phone. I and others remain completely left in the dark as to when or even if the phone will be updated with these pat responses from Verizon. Obviously, I would prefer that the phone be updated correctly, without a bunch of bugs and issues, rather than rapidly and with many problems as has occurred on other devices, but Verizon has now had months to work on this and we still don't have even an honest estimate or appraisal of the situation. Truly disappointed by the way this has been (not) handled. (The issue with the Stagefright bug is a whole other matter, but I can only hope that Verizon will at least take that severe security issue seriously and release a patch for it as soon as possible.)

Jason1332
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a decade long customer, I am very close to moving on. VZW coverage is the greatest asset that has kept me a customer for so long and I give credit where it is due, you have the best network. Where the issue lies is that the market has changes dramatically in the past few years in terms of advancement in hardware and software.

VZW is not keeping pace with the great advancements being achieved outside of their cellular bands. GSM hardware is 1. More affordable 2. Better supported directly by manufacturers 3. More accessible generally. I want to stay with VZW and CDMA but it is becoming increasingly difficult every release cycle.

The best solution I can think of to keep me personally as a customer would be to offer me the z4v (which will come with 5.1.1) at an amazing full retail discount, I always buy my phone outright, since the z3v (arguably one of the most underappreciated devices I have ever owned) was EOL'd only 10 months after its release.

Thanks for listening @VZWSupport.

Jason1332
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a decade long customer, I am very close to moving on. VZW coverage is the greatest asset that has kept me a customer for so long and I give credit where it is due, you have the best network. Where the issue lies is that the market has changes dramatically in the past few years in terms of advancement in hardware and software.

VZW is not keeping pace with the great advancements being achieved outside of their cellular bands. GSM hardware is 1. More affordable 2. Better supported directly by manufacturers 3. More accessible generally. I want to stay with VZW and CDMA but it is becoming increasingly difficult every release cycle.

The best solution I can think of to keep me personally as a customer would be to offer me the z4v (which will come with 5.1.1) at an amazing full retail discount, I always buy my phone outright, since the z3v (arguably one of the most underappreciated devices I have ever owned) was EOL'd only 10 months after its release.

Thanks for listening @VZWSupport.

Cap_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't care.   They know there's nothing you can do about it.   I called customer service and their "solution" was to try to sign me up for a new plan so I could get a different phone.   They told me that Google is not releasing the update to me,  that Verizon has nothing to do with it.   Being led to is what upsets me the most.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You know CDMA is being phased out by Verizon right?

Just being GSM doesn't make it cheaper than CDMA. Licensing support makes the ultimate impact on cost.

0 Likes