My phone won't keep the correct time and it's causing so many problems.
jking1117

I have the 5C, and two days ago it stopped keeping correct time. If I turn it off and back on, it registers the correct time but within 5-10 minutes its wrong. It's like it stops reading signal or information.  Incidentally, I also noticed that I now have issues with messaging as well. Several texts will fail to send. My bluetooth also has issues. It shows that it is on, but it randomly disconnects and reconnects when I am in my car. This morning, it wouldn't even register in the car. I've never had that happen before. None of these problems existed before the time issue problem.

I have already tried to manually set the time and take it off the auto settings; this did not help. I've tried the general reset, network reset. Neither worked. I really don't want to do the factory reset as I have read online that it didn't work for others with similar problems.

Is there something out there I might be missing? This is driving me nuts!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My phone won't keep the correct time and it's causing so many problems.
mama23dogs
Legend

Try resetting network settings first.  If that doesn't resolve the problem, Get your SIM card replaced.

0 Likes
jking1117

I've already tried resetting network settings - nothing improved. Thanks for suggesting the SIM card. I'll look into that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jking1117. No worries we can help you further. Let's keep working on this for you. Please go to Settings > General > Date & Time > let's ensure Set Automatically is enabled and your Time Zone is correct. keep us posted. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jking1117

Right....that was one of the first things I did 4 days ago. I went to the verizon store and their solution was to replace the phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The SIM card didn't fix the problem?  The phone gets its time by checking in with wifi or mobile data.  Unless it is always disconnected, or has the wrong time zone, it should self correct.

in settings, is it set to 'auto'?   You can turn auto off, and then set time and time zone.

0 Likes
jking1117

I went to the store to get a replacement SIM card. They said they'd replace the phone instead. Which is fine with me. Just waiting for it to get here today.... It's become a lot more than just the time issue, which is why they said they'd just replace it. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore; wifi won't work. I've tried numerous times to get it to sync by turning off and on the auto time and time zone settings.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yikes.  That does sound like a major phone fail.  Glad they are replacing the phone. 

0 Likes
rcaldwell89

This is my problem too! I went on a trip abroad with the phone on airplane mode and when i came back to the states it does not keep time, will not connect to bluetooth, and now will not allow me to sign in to the app store or access my email! I am in Alaska now and would love to have this resolved. It has been this way since mid-April. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Reset network settings, and if needed replace the SIM card.

0 Likes