Early termination of one line
stayfrosty

I have a family plan with four phone lines. I need to terminate one line (daughter) that is eating up and exceeding all the data usage.  My question is, what is the ETF for one line, while keeping the other three open? I am about 11 months into my two year agreement.

Thanks for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early termination of one line
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3
$350

Now, however, according to the new policy, if your contract term "results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after Nov. 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by: $10 per month in months 8-18, $20 per month in months 19-23, and $60 in the final month of your contract term.Nov 19, 2014

Based on this I would ballpark around $240.

What device does she have? Is it in good condition? Depending on those two things you may be able to sell it and cover the cost of the ETF.

Weth
Legend

about $350-$110=$240

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of the contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. For other contract terms entered into prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

0 Likes
stayfrosty

Thanks for the response.

Will she get to keep her iPhone 5?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like she is on a 2 year contract and if that's the case then yes, you already paid for it. Though I would sell it to cover the ETF. Or she can keep it and just use it on wi-fi. It just becomes a really expensive iPod.

If it's an Edge / Device Payment Plan phone, then yes, you still keep it, but you have to pay off the remaining balance vs. paying an ETF. I would ballpark the pay off amount for that at around $300.

0 Likes
stayfrosty

If we get her a separate T-Mobile account can she use her iPhone over there or is it a Verizon only device?

0 Likes
stayfrosty

Also, is terminating one line the same price as terminating ALL lines? (closing account)

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think it will...

The iPhone 5 uses a SIM card right? My brain is muddled with how many versions of each iPhone gets made; c, s, Mark 42 - oh wait that's an Ironman suit. d:

0 Likes
stayfrosty

I believe there is a SIM card.  What about the second question about terminating account? Same ETF as one line or is it x4?

0 Likes