Galaxy S4 Lollipop Issues
marlonthehispanicherr

Ever since I updated my Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) to Android Lollipop (5.0.1) I have been experiencing a ton of problems such as:

1)Slow Charging issues with original charging brick and cable.

2)Excessive battery drain even after Factory Reset. My phone will drop 50% in an hour.

3)Screen Mirroring works but no sound, I am able to see picture but hear no sound.

4)Video/Audio is out of order- picture doesn't match with audio happens alot and constantly having to restart phone.

5)Apps running that I don't want even when I close all apps supposedly in task manager and still kills my battery.

6)Storage space runs out automatically for no reason even when I don't install new apps or download anything and it's really annoying.

7)Constantly says I have no signal but I check my parents phones and theirs say that they still have 4G all bars.

8)Music that I have playing will automatically stop and I have to start it again and I have the music auto off option set to off.

9)Camera takes blurry pictures and I constantly clean my lens.

10)Wi-Fi connects and disconnects at some points.

All I'm wanting to know is if the Galaxy S4 will be updated to Android 5.1.1 or at least send out patch fix updates? Because I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting solutions like clearing the cache partition multiple times & factory resetting the phone twice and I still have these problems and I don't back up the app data.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 Lollipop Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I too would find those issues very annoying, marlonthehispanicherrera. We appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you have taken thus far.
Just to confirm, after performing the cache partition wipe, and the factory reset, upon starting up your phone, did you keep your phone running stock to see if these issues would reappear?  (Meaning no app downloads from the Play Store)

A lot of these issues are not common, and shouldn't be occurring. I recommend bringing your phone in to a local store for a hands on evaluation. Bring your OG brick and charging cable too. If you are under warranty, our store teammates can help order a replacement for you.

http://vz.to/1w9zD70

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marlonthehispanicherr

My Phone is fine I was sent another Galaxy S4 in March of this year so I don't think the phone is the problem but the Android Software and all I'm wondering is if Verizon will send out Android 5.1.1 or at least patch fix updates because I really like this phone. Please tell me

0 Likes
Caariesman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same question for s5.  Verizon knows there is a bug in 5.0.  You would think they would release 5.1.1 to samsung users or their  customers.  Other carriers did for s5.

0 Likes
zking2727
0 Likes