Wi fi slow with Galaxy S5
jarau

When using my s5 on my home wi fi network some Apps (facebook, snapchat, etc) run very slow, and things like pictures take a long time to load. This seems to be a known problem but haven't found a good solution. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Wi fi slow with Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jarau,

Let's get things running faster!

Is this only happening while connected to WiFi? Once you disconnect from WiFi do you notice an improvement?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jarau

Yes, if I disconnect from wi Fi and just use my data it works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jarau,

Thanks for the additional info. Have you tested it while using different WiFi connections? What's the software version currently on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Element-ary

I'm having the same issue on my note 4. I feel like it's a way Verizon is making me use all my data to run out. It's frustrating. This is every single Wi-Fi spot I use including home. I always have to disconnect to use internet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want your WiFi connection to work as intended Brian. When did this WiFi issue start? Do you remember if it started after installing/updating any particular application/software? Try to reset the wireless router providing the WiFi connections and test.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jarau

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that maybe there is something I

could do to my home network configuration to make it work better, or even

better that Verizon could fix this problem. It doesn't sound very

encouraging, though.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Element-ary <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes