Almost zero signal reception now
DeansPond

Verizon signal started deteriorating about 6 months back. Now it's almost gone. This whole area of about 2,000 people is almost dark now with very poor or no Verizon wireless signal. I am talking about Deans Pond Crossing area in Monmouth Junction (South Brunswick, zip code: 08852), NJ. Here are some signal readings I found through random checks last evening at 10.30pm (using Samsung Galaxy and Note 2 phones):

Revere Rd: -119dbm

Potomac Rd: -106dbm

Sherman St: -112dbm

Chesapeake Rd: -115dbm

Viking Rd: -94 to -116dbm 

People who live here or visits this community, have to walk around the streets for a while to get a signal and talk using Verizon phones. AT&T and T-Mobile signals are strong though. What happened to Verizon signal? It's becoming a joke now here in this community.

I have been a Verizon customer for a long time. We cannot see Verizon's reputation as the most reliable network go away like this. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Almost zero signal reception now
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand having the best possible service in your area DeansPond. I do see that the area does have some opportunity due to foliage during the spring and summer months and can cause some issues.  How far do you have to go in order to get service? Are your devices software updated? When you are outside are you able to make and receive a call? Does data work?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DeansPond

Thanks for your attention.

Inside home, we see mostly zero or one bar. Occasionally even if we can make a call, call drop happens in 20-30 seconds.We have to walk outside upto 20-30 yards to get a connection. Even then call drops happen frequently.We are talking about a few hundred homes here, not only ours.

Which phones show the issue? iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy 5, Galaxy 4, Samsung Note 3 etc. All Verizon phones that are used by us, neighbors and visitors, showed the problem.

We see the same issue with data.

It's kind of a shameful situation here - absolutely unthinkable for Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the best signal possible for your area DeansPond. This would certianly be a concern for me as well. Thank you for all the details you have provided. What signal and how many bars does your phone show now? Do you recall what the signal and bars used to be before in the area?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes