Costco Verizon Wireless ripped me off
Aflntg

I was shopping at Costco and was approached by a salesman from the Verizon kiosk and he was telling me about the great deals they had for upgrades. I decided to upgrade my iPhone 5s for a 6plus he went over the different options and i decided to add the payment to my monthly bill. He was having issues with the system or he didn't know how to set up the account so 2 hours later he was finally able to activate my phone.

Some time after I traveled to Mexico and upon my return I received an outrageous bill from Verizon. Apparently my Mexico plan was cancelled when i upgraded my phone. I was never aware of this, so i used my phone as i always have when i travel to Mexico. I have since had numerous conversations with Verizon and have been told that they are working to resolve my issue and credit the money they wrongfully charged me. Now they are telling me they were not able to approve it. They even tried telling me that they would give me a discount on the extra charges i incurred! Seriously? I I pay for a plan every month, then i pay more money each month to upgrade my phone and now they charge me for a plan that should have never been removed from my service plan. I am outraged with the lack of training that Costco employees have. I have switched my family to Verizon because of the "great customer service" and now i have not seen any of that.  At this point i don't know where or who to turn to anymore. I feel ripped off and there is no one who has been able to resolve any of my problems. I would really like some advice on how to handle this issue. I have been to Costco, called verizon and been to Verizon stores but it seems that no one can answer any of my questions and they all just pass the buck. Please help! DionM_VZW verizonstinks Kathleen

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Costco Verizon Wireless ripped me off
Weth
Legend

GGood luck to you. 

THe the moral of the story for those tuning in, is always, always check your plan on My Verizon anytime anything is done to your account.  you have the best chance to undo something right  after the change than weeks or months (some go years!) later. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have A fijtg. I know how upsetting it can be when you receive a bill with unexpected charges. I will be sending you a private message to closely look into the charges you were recently billed.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Seems like you should take issue with Costco rather than VZW.  They didn't remove or make changes to your plan.  Go to Costco and explain to them what happened and see if they'll do something for you.  I know you're upset with VZW but honestly...they're the wrong person to point the finger at in this particular situation...

0 Likes
_916Guy

Costco - Verizon, having second thoughts.

Before going on a long trip to the east coast I too was shopping at Costco and was solicited by the Verizon sales rep. The "lower your bill", and "the S7 is on sale and is cheaper than your previous"... because I did have a crack in the faceplate of my older Samsung cellphone and my two-year commitment was a month away from expiring, I thought it was an ideal time to upgrade.

Being stringent, I told the rep I will not pay for anything more for fees, upgrade, regular bill, or amenities. The sales rep assured me I could keep a very similar plan and if I went paperless it would actually reduce the amount from what I was paying before, nominally $55/month. Only thing I did have to out-of-pocket was to pay off the previous phone, which was only $20.

Upon completing the forms and applications I noticed there was the $35 fee for changing plans - I nearly cancelled the upgrade on the spot but I didn't. On my way home I thought about it, I have a couple weeks to cancel so let me see if Verizon was willing to keep a customer (me) and remove the $35 fee.

I called them and they agreed. To keep me as a customer for another two years they removed the $35 fee. I thought, great, excellent customer service.

I got the first bill it was $50 more than the usual. It was for data upgrade, something that was not conveyed to me nor something that I wanted. I sent a message to Verizon and nothing in response.

Assuming the "excellent customer service" wasn't a fluke I paid the amount I normally do expecting the erroneous data charges and other fees would eventually be removed... and a few weeks later they haven't.

Is this how they "get you", promise you lower costs but backdoor you after the return for refund timeframe expires... and then hit you with a large bill then threaten with cancellation during the process...

Fix this Verizon!!

If not then I will be forced to file a formal complaint with the distinction of failure of "good faith", consumer - commercial vendor.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@916Guy, we want to make sure all your billing charges make sense. I'm here to help. We do not charge a fee for upgrading your plan, but with most smart phone upgrades you would pay a one time $30.00 upgrade fee. As far as your billing concerns, we would be happy to help you review your bill https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/understand-bill-12-2-14.pdf. I have sent you a message so we can look at your bill together.

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Wait.....you didn't check your account prior to going to Mexico to make sure that you still had the plan that you wanted? You didn't read the contract before signing it at the store? You did't read the bill before paying it to verify you were being chard accordingly?

Had you done any one of these three things you would have sen the discrepancy.

Please also note, that the Verizon Wireless kiosk inside CostCo is not operated by Verizon Wireless NOR CostCo. It is operated by a third party company whose name should be on the top of the receipt from your purchase. You could try to get them to help you but it's doubtful.

What it boils down to is you (all of us as customers) verifying our plans and features before signing contracts. It is all available for you to read before using that pen (or finger on a tablet).

Verizon doesn't know for sure that you didn't authorize the plan change especially since you signed the agreement showing the change. Pull out the paperwork given to you when you bought the phone. It will be there.

0 Likes