How to get new SIM?
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

My family was looking to adjust our existing Verizon Wireless plan and one of the phones won't allow the process to go through (Yes, the phone works and everything, it is not blacklisted). My first thought was an issue with the SIM card. I just need some reassurance pertaining to this matter.

All we have to do is visit a Verizon store and ask for a new SIM card, correct? Are they free? And they program the SIM to the line at the store, so the number etc is kept the same correct? We don't want to get a new number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get new SIM?
Weth
Legend

If you go to a Verizon corporate store (not a "Premium retailer, which is a 3rd party store), and they determine you need a new SIM, it is free. They will only hand out an activated SIM, so yes it will be programmed in the store and the number is kept the same.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you go to a Verizon corporate store (not a "Premium retailer, which is a 3rd party store), and they determine you need a new SIM, it is free. They will only hand out an activated SIM, so yes it will be programmed in the store and the number is kept the same.

0 Likes
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

What if they decide we don't need a new SIM for whatever reason? I am not 100% sure what the issue is (customer service reps didn't know the issue either when we were trying to do the switch) and a new SIM may not fix my problem. I don't see what else we can do though. Are they too picky with reasons for getting a new SIM or will they understand our attempts at trying to fix our problem? Never really went into a Verizon store to do this so that is where the apprehension/hesitation is coming from.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you really just want a new SIM, misplace the current SIM and go in to get a new one.

If you want their assistance in troubleshooting (hit or miss, depends on the skill of the person helping), then go in and tell the whole story.

0 Likes