Moto X 2013 Lollipop update?
MarcN
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems clear that the 3rd Gen Moto X will arrive long before Verizon releases Lollipop to the 1sr Gen Moto X.  My contract is finished and  with the end of purchase incentives like "New Every Two" a new phone does not seem worth the expense, at least from Verizon.  Does Verizon really not care about retaining customers?  I have been a customer for nearly a decade, and Verizon's silence on the update is only pushing me to consider other carriers.  So, Verizon, is the elusive update ever going to happen?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto X 2013 Lollipop update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do care MarcN. We want to make sure you have all the information being released. I honestly don't want to lose you over a Software update. However, understand software updates are exciting. Is something wrong with your phone? You can stay up to date with the most current software update here: http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be checking with Motorola not Verizon Wireless. Motorola is the ones writing the code.

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/LbTwronL8Gc

Since the Moto X 2015 isn't expected until September, I would guess that the Moto X 2013 model should have Lollipop 5.1 before then.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MarcN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually that thread indicates that Motorola was "ready to enter Verizon labs" 4 weeks ago, about a week after AT&T, so it seems the delay is not Motorola.  That was the last we have heard and VZW has yet to say anything.  A little more transparency would go a long way towards retaining customers.  VZW customer service?  A comment would be appreciated.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And the AT&T update was pulled since then because of a bug that was discovered. Motorola announced the retraction not AT&T. Verizon Wireless never says a thing about updates until they are about ready to release it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MarcN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which is exactly the point.  Lack of communication in customer care leads to customer dissatisfaction and risks customer retention.  It is obviously not a huge priority for either VZW or Motorola as the longer it takes, the more new phones they can push instead.  And not all consumers are sheep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I personally would rather they stay quiet and get the update right then release it with bugs. When I heard that the AT&T update had stopped, I figured the Verizon Wireless version would also be delayed so Motorola could verify the VZW update didn't have the same bugs. I have a device that is still waiting for the Lollipop update too, but I also have other devices with Lollipop 5.1. I don't have issues with the KitKat software running on the devices still waiting for Lollipop. I don't see a lot of functionality differences between the two OS versions. In some ways I actually prefer the KitKat look to the Lollipop look.

0 Likes
robmalegia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree with you

I'm currently on the fence right now with staying or leaving Verizon. They lack any customer communications and are very rude when you ask them simple questions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be saddened to see you go robmalegia, and we are sorry to hear if you have had a negative experience with us in the past. We are absolutely here to help, and want to make sure that you feel a part of the VZW Family. Is there anything currently that we may be able to help you with? Please keep in touch, we are here for you.
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MarcN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it's nice to see VZW customer service respond to a response on this thread, but apparently VZW does not care to respond to my original query or the possible loss of my account.  Please address the issue, will we ever see the Lollipop upgrade for the Moto X 2013?

0 Likes
LoOgleit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pssst, ann154 IS vzw - if the shameless effort to undermine your complaint didn't give her away, take a look at her astromical number of similar response anytime, anyone, complains about anything! - wink-