Full wifi signal no internet
thunderwhipper

I have a s5 16gb and it constantly has connected to wifi pop ups and I have full signal but my Internet gets slowly bogged down to the point that I have an authentication error I have not had wifi problems at all before the last update. I know it's my phone because my Xbox pc and even my mom's s5 works and I have restored it god knows how many times because of battery drain and over heating and really just because it's laggy and glitch out. I have used my data up because it will disconnect and I don't realize it and I look and it's a mutha luvin authentication error and I can only partially load pages shortly before I get that. It's 5ghz wifi too.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Full wifi signal no internet
tbo27
Master - Level 2

forget the wifi connections and reboot the router anyways. restart phone try again

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried changing it to 2.4 just to test it? I realize your moms phone works, but I don't know what update she might have, or you might have or not have etc. 5 tends to be a bit more picky about what can connect to it.

0 Likes
thunderwhipper

Yeah I haven't tried it for a while my dad has a whole network of 2.4ghz routers (he works for Cisco as network engineer) so the interference is off the charts, even when I change to a completely different channel, and I do forget my network all the time. Sometimes that doesn't even work though and I have to clear the partition cache by powering my phone down and  turning it on if I can remember right hold down not the power button but the volume + and home, (if it doesn't turn on try hold the power button too should go into safe mode) but be warned I did it once and it froze on the Verizon screen and it ended up going full blown auto restore on me.

0 Likes