I'm sending my Ellipsis 8 to Italy. I"m removing the USA SMS card. What needs to be done to activate it there.
kidnapedkid

I'm sending my Ellipsis 8 to my son in Italy. I'm removing the SMS card from the US. I was told all that needs to be done is get a new SMS card; is that correct. Anything else I need to do?  Suspend the service from Verizon? Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm sending my Ellipsis 8 to Italy. I"m removing the USA SMS card. What needs to be done to activate it there.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Ellipsis 8 is a great tablet for your son to use kidnapedkid. It sounds like he is on an awesome trip. We want to make sure he is able to stay in touch with you while he is overseas. We do have a little bit of a restriction here though. The Ellipsis 8 isn't one of our global devices. What this means is that this tablet doesn't work with the networks in other countries. He won't be able to get a local SIM card to use with the tablet as it won't be able to connect to their network. He will be able to use the device on wifi, he just won't be able to use a cellular network to connect the device. Your account with Verizon will continue to bill for the line if it is still active. If you would like to do a temporary suspend for the line, please click this link: http://spr.ly/6588BE06M.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm sending my Ellipsis 8 to Italy. I"m removing the USA SMS card. What needs to be done to activate it there.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Ellipsis 8 is a great tablet for your son to use kidnapedkid. It sounds like he is on an awesome trip. We want to make sure he is able to stay in touch with you while he is overseas. We do have a little bit of a restriction here though. The Ellipsis 8 isn't one of our global devices. What this means is that this tablet doesn't work with the networks in other countries. He won't be able to get a local SIM card to use with the tablet as it won't be able to connect to their network. He will be able to use the device on wifi, he just won't be able to use a cellular network to connect the device. Your account with Verizon will continue to bill for the line if it is still active. If you would like to do a temporary suspend for the line, please click this link: http://spr.ly/6588BE06M.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kidnapedkid

Well, thanks for that info. He lives in Italy and would bring it to the Orange Store for a new SMS card which I was TOLD he could do with the network there. he would have his own phone number, etc., and could access the unit. 

I can temporary suspend it when I know for sure about the above.  It was only activated with the phone number. I charged the unit to 100% but never downloaded anything.  Thoughts on his SMS card from the orange store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, how amazing that must be for him to be living in Italy. I am sorry about the mix-up kidnapedkid. The Ellipsis 8 tablet is equipped to communicate with our 4G LTE network, and even with a local SIM card in Italy, because they don't have the 4G LTE technology there, the device wouldn't communicate. But the good news is that even if it were suspended temporarily for a vacation leave, he would still be able to use it via Wi-Fi.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes