No 3G Data
Puckstoper9

I have recently noticed that I only get a data connection if I am connected to 4G LTE. If my phone is connected to 3G I do not get any data. It will not receive any iMessages until it connects to 4G or wifi.

Phone iPhone 6

Zip Code home 28081 work 28115

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 3G Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Puckstoper9.

We want to make sure you get data at all times. Are you saying you are in a 3G area? I checked both zip codes which show as 4G areas (of course this is general without having an exact address).

Is data roaming enabled? Go to Settings>Cellular>Roaming>ensure voice and data roaming switch is turned on.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Puckstoper9

Yes these are 4G areas but i do not always get 4G . Sometimes when I will get 3G and go a little down the road and it will get 4G. I have checked the roaming setting. I have not changed these setting since I received the phone and the 3G used to work.

0 Likes
Puckstoper9

Anything ???

0 Likes
Puckstoper9

I am still unable to receive any data unless I am connected to 4G.  This has been going on for a few months and is very frustrating. I am in the market to add another phone and at this point am not going to add a verizon phone. I have been a long time verizon customer and this is unacceptable.

0 Likes