How do I get the voicemail icon to show on the notification bar when I receive an email? Currently, the only way I know is if I randomly call my voicemail.
rockgrad83

How do I get the voicemail icon to show on the notification bar when I receive an email? Currently, the only way I know is if I randomly call my voicemail.

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the voicemail icon to show on the notification bar when I receive an email? Currently, the only way I know is if I randomly call my voicemail.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to check the voicemail system (*86) to see if the notification option was turned off.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the voicemail icon to show on the notification bar when I receive an email? Currently, the only way I know is if I randomly call my voicemail.
grandmaof2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. When I try to voicemail icon it just takes me to the visual voicemail for a monthly charge and then goes back to the home screen. I have no way to know if there is a voicemail without calling the *86. When I get the notification and try to use it it also takes me to the visual voicemail sign up. I don;t want the visual voicemail. How do I stop the constant up-sell?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grandmaof2,

I want to make sure that you are receiving all your important information. When setting up Premium Visual Voicemail you should be given the option to opt out and use just the Visual Voice-mail.  Are you given this option?  Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrectAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes