Is Network Extender 1X, 3G or 4G LTE device??
N2PPN

OK, I am asking... I was a former AT&T customer and I have a lot of experience with the Cisco Microcells.that they provided customers.....

Those devices were 3G/4G  microcells (technically a FEMTOCELL) and provided speeds on cellular data as would be expected by a wireless carrier on those services...

So, my question is this: why do I get the feeling that the network extender from Verizon is a 1X device??? my cellular upload and download speeds are dismal to say the least (tested with wifi and bluetooth turned OFF on cell phone) when tested with any one of the speed test apps available for cell phones???

Also does the Network extender have E911 capabilities and does it drop out if a LTE signal is detected by the phone in my house?? The signal levels are pretty low even sitting 4 feet away from it...

Any TECHNICAL explanations of EXACTLY how the network extender works over the air would be greatly appreciated....

Rich

N2PPN

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Network Extender 1X, 3G or 4G LTE device??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

N2PPN,

This is a great question and a common on too. The network extender that we currently offer by Samsung would not extend 4G data reception, but would be limited to digital and 3G service. For more details and the specifications in regards to the Samsung Network Extender currently offered you can visit here http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
N2PPN

So, does the Network Extender drop out when the phone finds a 4G LTE signal even if the 4G LTE signal is weaker than the RSSI of the Network extender at the phone in question??

Rich

Also, has the root hack flaw been fixed in these units as yet, or does it still exist that these units can be hacked and are vulnerable to eavesdropping of calls??? (see CERT bulletin Vulnerability Note VU#458007  Verizon Wireless Network Extender multiple vulnerabilities)

0 Likes
RogerSC
Contributor - Level 1

The Network Extender is 3G...yes, you have to pay $250 for yesterday's tech. And you have to pay $250 to extend Verizon's network so that you get the service for which you are already paying. I'm in a "best coverage" area in Verizon's coverage map, and had to pay $250 for useful coverage. What a scam.

That's about the level of integrity of Verizon in all of its customer service, but that's the way it is. Both Comcast and Verizon are among the most hated companies in the US for a reason. They refuse to implement WiFi calling, although all the infrastructure is there for it, and at it is public knowledge that the iPhone 6 would support it. But that would be helping their customers, so they're not going to do that. And they wouldn't be able to extort $250 from their customers for a "Network Extender" (read: ability to use Verizon service).

We have LTE here, and when I can't get the Network Extender started (happens occsionally, what do you expect for $250, a good product?) I see a bar or two max, and my phone tries to use LTE. When the Network Extender is running, my phone uses 3G for data. I expect to see an LTE Network Extender about when I see WiFi calling from Verizon.

0 Likes