Issues with OWA encryption and Smart Lock
adoorn

Has anyone else run into issues with getting Smart Lock to work when you also have OWA encryption on your S6?

I set-up the encryption first and have not been able to get Smart Lock working. I even made sure that it was set-up correctly by having one of the tech leads verify my set-up. There is also another user at the office that mentioned his Smart Lock was working correctly before he enabled the encryption. Though he is not 100% certain when asked.

I cannot test this without resetting to factory defaults.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with OWA encryption and Smart Lock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adoorn Thank you for taking the time to post your question here. On the VZW end, we have not seen this as a known issue. What we can do is lift it up in our internal device forums. Are you saying that you can't remove the Outlook web app without resetting the phone?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Issues with OWA encryption and Smart Lock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for assistance adoorn. Let's get your SmartLock working again. Since your co-worker at the office didn't remember, may I ask did you have any issues with this feature before OWA encryption? Just to clarify, does OWA stands for Outlook Web access? As you share the details then we can assist.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes