iPhone 6 Plus - SIM Not Valid
bri628

I just received a replacement iphone 6 plus from apple last night. I activated it, everything was fine. Now I have an error message stating:

The SIM card that you currently have installed is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iphone. please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact apple for more information.

This is the same VZW sim card i have had for over 1 year. The phone was working fine until this morning. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Plus - SIM Not Valid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure there are no problems with your replacement device, bri628. I realize that you just activated this device, but due to the error please erase all content and settings by going to Settings>General>Reset. If the issue continues, please contact Apple so they can assist with their replacement.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if this will help but it won't hurt to try. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201420

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry but it's difficult to follow your post. Anyway you can sum it up in a more clear manner? I assume you're saying you got an iPhone that was locked to Tracfone from I guess Apple as a replacement using AppleCare...

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Is the Tracphone domestically unlocked, but internationally locked otherwise the Verizon SIM wouldn't work?  Reports of these phones only show international SIM lock, not with other domestic carriers.  Is that what you experience in your situation. 

0 Likes
CBSai9
Enthusiast - Level 2

the Applecare replacement phone works fine domestically but once you leave the shores, SIM NOT VALID will show. Then you call Verizon and Apple and they say there is very little they can do to help you while you are overseas and to call the other company because it is their issue. Then you return to the USA, they try some technical adjustments but qualify everything by saying "well, we don't really know if this will work until you travel overseas" How about just replacing everyone's phones with fully unlocked (domestic and international) phones. Then there are no surprises. When I spoke with an Apple Supervisor tonight and asked him why every tech in Apple has sent me to Verizon, even though they didn't replace the iPhone 6 and have nothing to do with Tracfone, he said "well, I can't speak to what others have done." I'm thinking, "he's a supervisor, is he even supervising anything or is anyone supervising him?" It's such an ugly situation, but for what? Why not give people fully compatible phones to the one you are replacing? Really crazy stuff.

0 Likes
CBSai9
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, that's correct. Applecare replacement. And it has been kept secret that it was an internationally locked iPhone 6 to Tracfone. Verified by Verizon senior techs and Apple Senior Techs. What's funny is no one will explain why I was never told after so many calls and so many denials of what is going on by Verizon and Apple. It's really an amazing story. If you don't listen carefully they will reverse slide all over the place with the facts. Quite immoral business practices. Just makes you wonder...... why all the cover up? Just give us phones that are unlocked. Like, what is their payoff for making their customers miserable overseas?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You know they have to have a database on who got these phones... i can't figure out why they would not want to fix it.

0 Likes
CBSai9
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, that is correct but on previous occasions when I called Apple, they said specifically "Your phone is locked to Verizon's network" Now that's just a boldface lie. My SIM card is Verizon but Verizon has nothing to do with the International Tracfone lock. Why did they tell me that for so long? They could have just told me the truth and fixed it. I have a million Apple devices and have since the first Mac even came out. It's totally deliberate and bizarre. What could they possibly stand to gain?

0 Likes
CBSai9
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the other thought that comes to mind is: the people who are calling Apple and Verizon asking why their iPhone is internationally locked are not being told about these 3rd Party refurbished devices in their possession. (i.e. Tracfone) And Verizon won't tell them either unless you find out yourself and ask them. Then they will admit it.

0 Likes