Does my Samsung S5 need to be unlocked for international use?
Cub123

Does my Samsung S5 need to be unlocked?  I am going to Luxembourg for 6 months and want to buy and use a local European SIM card.  Can I do this, or do I need to get an unlock code from Verizon first before I go?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does my Samsung S5 need to be unlocked? I am going to Luxembourg for 6 months and want to buy and use a local European SIM card. Will I be able to do thi, or do I need to get an unlock code from Verizon first? Thanks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Cub123,

All of our 4G LTE devices are unlocked. You will be able to use your phone outside of the US with a different SIM card. Once our SIM card is removed though, we are unable to assist with any troubleshooting needs.
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does my Samsung S5 need to be unlocked? I am going to Luxembourg for 6 months and want to buy and use a local European SIM card. Will I be able to do thi, or do I need to get an unlock code from Verizon first? Thanks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Cub123,

All of our 4G LTE devices are unlocked. You will be able to use your phone outside of the US with a different SIM card. Once our SIM card is removed though, we are unable to assist with any troubleshooting needs.
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes