When I'm having a text conversation with someone, my Brightside phone now displays the incoming and outgoing messages separately. Why? How to return to listing them in a single stream?
EEEEEEEEaaaauugh

When I'm having a text conversation with someone, my Brightside phone now displays the incoming and outgoing messages separately.  Why?  How to return to listing them in a single stream?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I'm having a text conversation with someone, my Brightside phone now displays the incoming and outgoing messages separately.  Why?  How to return to listing them in a single stream?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to change the way your messages are displayed.

Viewing Messages by Contact

When the Inbox View setting is set to Contact, all incoming and sent messages are stored in the Messages folder, grouped by contact (the sender/recipient of the message), to provide a threaded view of the message exchange.

Viewing Messages by Time

When the Inbox View setting is set to Time, incoming messages are stored in the Inbox, and sent messages are stored in the Sent folder, sorted by time.

From a Home screen, Messaging ➔ ➔ Settings.

• Inbox View: Set the default message view. Choose Time to display messages by time of receipt, or Contact to display messages by name or number (also known as threaded view).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When I'm having a text conversation with someone, my Brightside phone now displays the incoming and outgoing messages separately. Why? How to return to listing them in a single stream?
EEEEEEEEaaaauugh

"Displays incoming and outgoing messages separately" means I have to look for incoming contributions to the conversation under "incoming", while my outgoing responses are listed separately in a separate window under "outgoing" ???

0 Likes
Re: When I'm having a text conversation with someone, my Brightside phone now displays the incoming and outgoing messages separately.  Why?  How to return to listing them in a single stream?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to change the way your messages are displayed.

Viewing Messages by Contact

When the Inbox View setting is set to Contact, all incoming and sent messages are stored in the Messages folder, grouped by contact (the sender/recipient of the message), to provide a threaded view of the message exchange.

Viewing Messages by Time

When the Inbox View setting is set to Time, incoming messages are stored in the Inbox, and sent messages are stored in the Sent folder, sorted by time.

From a Home screen, Messaging ➔ ➔ Settings.

• Inbox View: Set the default message view. Choose Time to display messages by time of receipt, or Contact to display messages by name or number (also known as threaded view).

0 Likes