Can you receive a phone call while texting?
Samsam22

A friend of mine has a Samsung Galaxy 6 and tells me not to text when she is waiting for a phone call. If she is typing, receiving or sending a text she can still receive phone calls, correct ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving phone calls while texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Samsam22!

Help has arrived! The Samsung Galaxy S 6 is great phone! Is your friend's phone a Verizon Wireless Galaxy S 6 or with another company? With Verizon, you are able to make voice calls and send/receive text messages. The only messages you may not receive when on a call are picture messages (MMS) because those messages are sent over the data network and not the voice network. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Receiving phone calls while texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Samsam22!

Help has arrived! The Samsung Galaxy S 6 is great phone! Is your friend's phone a Verizon Wireless Galaxy S 6 or with another company? With Verizon, you are able to make voice calls and send/receive text messages. The only messages you may not receive when on a call are picture messages (MMS) because those messages are sent over the data network and not the voice network. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes