Why does my phone lose service and sound whenever i answer a call?
Raychee13

itll have 4g lte coverage and then as soon as i answer it goes to 1x coverage.. ive tried everything and have even talked to technical support any other suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my phone loses service and sound whenever i answer a call
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is the correct configuration of the radio. The Moto X 2014 doesn't have the ability to handle voice and data simultaneously until the Advanced Calling update is released.

I never noticed it on the Moto X 2013, but it might be same configuration there too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it always go to 1xRTT during the phone calls? Does it go back to 4G LTE after the call is completed?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Raychee13

Yes it always goes to the 1x and then returns to the 4g lte after ending

the call

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is the correct configuration of the radio. The Moto X 2014 doesn't have the ability to handle voice and data simultaneously until the Advanced Calling update is released.

I never noticed it on the Moto X 2013, but it might be same configuration there too.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Because you are not using Advanced Calling and cannot use data and talk simultaneously, the call goes over 1X and then after hanging up, goes back to data mode (4G.)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure why you would lose sound though. What kind of sound? Can you not hear the caller?

0 Likes