Text Alerts
LKJPEJ

My phone does not alert me when I have a text message. What is wrong?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LKJPEJ,

Look no further help is here! Let's get those text alerts working right.

What happens when you receive a text message? Are you not getting any alerts or just text alerts? Is the phone set to silent when you don't get the alerts? When did you stop receiving the text alerts?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LKJPEJ

my phone does not sound when I have a text. The only way I

know I have a text is just keep checking my phone. It is not

on silent. I have checked everything I know. If I text someone

and they reply sometime it sounds sometime it doesn't. It started

doing this about two to three weeks now. Very frustrating.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Text Alerts"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1295155#1295155

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi LKJPEJ!

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's see what's causing the problem! Has your phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? Does the issue occur with standard messages or iMessages? When did the problem begin?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LKJPEJ

No problem with expose to any damages. It started this 2 to 3 weeks.

The only way I know I have a text is to check my phone occasionally.

If I text someone and they reply back sometimes it will sound and then

sometimes it won't. This is frustrating.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Text Alerts"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1296026#1296026

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you to be frustrated with your iPhone LKJPEJ. Let's delve in deeper to see if we can figure this out. Does it matter if you are in a text conversation, when you don't receive the notification sound? Typically, while in the conversation view, you'll only receive the swoosh/bloop type sound and not the notification sound. Or, is this happening while you are in standby mode while the phone display is dark? Lastly, is your notification sound set for vibrate and sound or just one or the other in which canse neither sounds when receiving a new text on your iPhone?

Please keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes