Unlimited Data Plan
USSRGhost
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back around January of 2015, I lost my phone and decided it was time to upgrade.  At the time I had the Nationwide 450 Talk with Unlimited Text and Data package.  When I reluctantly upgraded to a limited data plan I was never told anything about how I have a 14 day window if I decided I wanted to switch back.  Honestly, I was pretty much disappointed with the limited data plan from the first day but thought well I'm stuck with a useless phone now.  I don't have WiFi, either at home or work, to use and everything goes on the data network.  I'm absolutely furious that I was not told about this option (found out about it online only about a week ago) as I would have walked in the next day and paid full price for my new phone.  I'm guessing there is really nothing that Verizon will do for me beside ask about how much more I want to pay for more GB, which is actually rather sad.  I have had Verizon for more than 10 years now and it has completely put me off.  Honestly, Verizon really needs to rethink their business strategy.  Long term loyal customers need to be treated as such or risk losing them.

Labels (1)
Re: Unlimited Data Plan
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They won't be able to do anything, you're correct. They are getting away from doing unlimited data plans and unfortunately if you wanted to be able to keep it you'd continually need to be buying phones at full price until they forced you to change your plan.

Did you sign up for another 2 year plan or get a phone on Edge?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have 14 days to return the merchandise, but the plan sticks since, once you sign away a plan by accepting a new one, if the old plan isn't still available, then you can't go back to it.

The return terms I read only apply to merchandise and not contract returns.  That's to say, you have 14 days to cancel service and return merchandise, subject to $35 restocking fee on phones and the activation (maybe upgrade fee)  refundable in 3 days or less.  I saw no language stating you can resume your old plan, because think about it, you were either at an upgrade interval and out of contract (so there were no terms left to satisfy,) or were a new customer and signed a new contract.

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee - Verizon WirelessTT

0 Likes
USSRGhost
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got a new two year contract when this happened.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

At that point, you had already signed away the unlimited plan you had.  You can return merch, and you can cancel service in 14 days, but you cannot go back to a plan after you change it, unless it is still available.  Unlimited is no longer available.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I was just hopeful that perhaps you had 6GB of data or more and signed up on Edge. That would have possibly made your phone free, and saved you a couple hundred bucks over 2 years in which case you could bump up your data and still spend what you'd normally spend in 2 years.

0 Likes
ginabc
Enthusiast - Level 1

i've kept my unlimited data still. you need to activate unlocked phones. don't be on a contract.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon 4G phones are already unlocked. 

0 Likes
ginabc
Enthusiast - Level 1

ooh! news to me! I havent upgraded yet. my last phone was from 2 years ago.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think maybe you meant activate used phones or paid in full for phones. That's always a way around changing your data plan.