Living in Canada, upgraded to new phone, now I can't make calls or send texts.
lightbehm

Living in Canada, upgraded to new phone, now I can't make calls or send texts. I used to have an iPhone 4, now I have an iPhone 6 plus and can't call verizon customer service, or any number for that matter. Also can't find a simple customer service email, other than this.

Please help, I'm looking at you customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Living in Canada, upgraded to new phone, now I can't make calls or send texts.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Your iPhone 6 Plus should have a SIM card...

iPhone 6 / 6 PLUS HOW TO: Insert / Remove a SIM Card - YouTube

If you don't have a SIM card that is why you're having trouble. You need one to access the network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Living in Canada, upgraded to new phone, now I can't make calls or send texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon to the rescue, lightbehm. Being able to call and text is important. Did this start with the new iPhone, or was it an issue before? Is voice roaming turned on in Settings - Cellular - Roaming?

LynnE_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lightbehm

Hi Lynn,

It was working before on my old phone, and when I went down to the border to activate my new phone. Once I got back to Vancouver it stopped. Here are my current settings,

Cellular data is turned On

Enable LTE is On and set to data only

Under Roaming

Voice roaming is On

Data roaming is Off

international CDMA is On

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details provided lightbehm. Which calling plan are you currently on? Have you tried removing/reinserting the SIM card on your phone? Does your phone currently display no service or roaming?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lightbehm

I have a plan that lets me call and text in Canada/Mexico plan. I have an iPhone 6 so no SIM card. I have 2/5 bars and it is displaying Telus, as the carrier.

0 Likes
DebbieH123

I had the same problem today but it was because I'm on the IOS 9 beta program and there was an additional update out there waiting to be done. After I did the update I got my services back.  That is not a good thing to shut down your calls and texts for an update.  Good luck.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Your iPhone 6 Plus should have a SIM card...

iPhone 6 / 6 PLUS HOW TO: Insert / Remove a SIM Card - YouTube

If you don't have a SIM card that is why you're having trouble. You need one to access the network.

0 Likes
lightbehm

Removed SIM card and restarted and that worked, thanks so much for the help!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You're welcome (:

0 Likes