Stuck at eye on start up
DaleDCCA

While using my my Razor Max HD yesterday it froze and went to black.  It did not respond to the power button.  Got back to the hotel and tried the volume down power button restart. That got me only to a battery status icon. After several more tries, it did start to boot, but is now stuck at the red eye.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Stuck at eye on start up
Snn5
Legend

How long did you leave it plugged in and off to charge?

0 Likes
DaleDCCA

It's been plugged in all night. Still got the same problem

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
DaleDCCA

Tried this many times, actually got to the boot menu a couple times, after choosing recovery, got a Droid icon and the words no command.  Tried the volume up down presses as described in the directions, not response.  Still stuck.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might need to begin looking for a new phone.  Sounds like software corruption.  No real easy way to repair that, unless you already know how to.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If your phone is stuck on the Eye at start up locked in boot-up mode you probably wont get out of it, Give this a try when the phone is in the off position to go into recovery press the both lower volume keys and then the power button let go of the the power button or try pressing the lower volume and power when you see in the selection to go into recovery try it and see if the phone will get past the boot up sequence if it doesn't then the phone is more or less locked and it best to just replace it,  one of my phones did this and I ended up sending it in for Replacement..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like you've been trying some excellent steps, DaleDCCA. The only thing I didn't see you comment trying would be to select the Reset option during the Recovery screens. The steps are available at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103918. This will reset the phone to the factory settings but may return the phone to working order.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DaleDCCA

I was able to take my phone to the Verizon Store, and we were not able to get the phone into recovery mode.   I ended up purchasing a new phone. 

0 Likes