How do I restart my phone?
ptgeneral

Can anyone help me.  This is the 2nd time this has happened.  Phone just shut down.  The store held the start button and something else to restart.  I can't seen to get it back on.  Help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone just shutdown. How do I restart?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ptgeneral,

Look no further help is here! Let's get your phone powered up!

Were you accessing a certain app or function when the phone shut off? Is it fully charged? Press and hold power and volume down buttons for 12+ seconds and see if a menu to reboot appears. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ptgeneral,

Look no further help is here! Let's get your phone powered up!

Were you accessing a certain app or function when the phone shut off? Is it fully charged? Press and hold power and volume down buttons for 12+ seconds and see if a menu to reboot appears. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

hiddeninsight
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to my phone.  It just completely died after being charged up to 98 percent.  I only had it on for about a couple of hours and then it died.

0 Likes
hiddeninsight
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried what you suggested and it now works.  Why does this happen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, hiddeninsight. There can be multiple reasons why your phone would shutdown. Phones sometimes use this as a safety mechanism  you can say. Does this happen often? Do you power cycle your phone once a day? What are you doing on your phone when it shutsdown?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hiddeninsight
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had just finished charging my phone and in less than two hours, it just

shut off completely, no power no nothing. But I did find the steps to

reboot and that seemed to work. Haven't had an issue since.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes