How do I stop my tablet from freezing?
Kitty2dakat

My tablet suddenly started freezing. When you turn it on, the welcome screen comes up.. Then the powered by android screen.. Then the solid red screen with the Verizon symbol on it comes up.. And my tablet won't go any farther than that. I was told to try a reset, which was hold power button + volume down until welcome screen comes up then release.. But that does not work. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE tablet frozen on Verizon screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kitty2dakat

I appreciate all your efforts here. I know how frustrating it is when your tablet is not working properly. Do you have a memory card installed in the tablet if so, lets turn the tablet off & remove it completely. Now that we have the tablet powered off have you tried this process http://spr.ly/6583B8amX ?

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

To perform a reset the device needs to be powered off first. Then hold volume and power key down until a screen shows up. You could try to boot it in safe mode if that's an option, otherwise perform a factory reset, but do know that you will lose any information on it.

Kitty2dakat

Tried the reset with the power off.. I have tried every last combination possible of holding down buttons because the power button + volume down button does NOT work.. Nothing happens.. So I started making up my own sequence of button pushing.. Hoping to get lucky.. But unsuccessful. I was torn at first about losing all of my data.. But now I feel like.. I can't access it anyway.. So I'm okay deleting everything off of this tablet.. Problem is... It cannot be done. Can't reset.. Don't think you can get to safe mode from where my tablet freezes... So any other suggestions?  My tablet will make it to the red Verizon screen.. The the Verizon check mark appears.. And that's it. The check mark even has the motion that makes it look alive.. But it will just stay on this screen.. All the while the check mark is steadily moving and lighting up.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What tablet is it?

0 Likes
dadj45

Have same problem, removed SD card & phone started OK.

Phone will not start up with SD card in it, gets to the red screen & freezes up.

0 Likes
Kitty2dakat

ELLIPSIS 7 4G LTE VERIZON TABLET
And to save you any research or trouble.. If there is any information on Verizon's Website.. I have tried it.  I have searched every possible scenerio.. I have tried everything recodmended by this site..  I'm kinda looking for an out of the box thinker or someone who just knows there stuff to maybe have a trick or something verizon won't tell me.. that might kick this thing back into gear.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kitty2dakat,

We always want you to be able to use your devices when needed, so having a device freeze up on you is not a good feeling. Let's look to see what's going on.

I want to ensure everything was covered so can you please take a look at this link to see: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-82910/ Also, thank you in advance for the steps you have tried already. How long have you had your tablet? Any moisture or physical damage to the device?

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kitty2dakat

I appreciate all your efforts here. I know how frustrating it is when your tablet is not working properly. Do you have a memory card installed in the tablet if so, lets turn the tablet off & remove it completely. Now that we have the tablet powered off have you tried this process http://spr.ly/6583B8amX ?

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes