Droid Turbo running hot & draining battery very quickly.
dewittjl
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Driod starting running really hot yesterday and draining the battery. The battery lasted most of the day and I made it home from work in time to put it on the charger. Last night I disabled a lot of apps and uninstalled many I do not use. It cooled down over night but today it got super hot & drained the entire battery within 5 hours with very little use on it. It got soo hot that I had to take it out of my pocket.

It is completely dead now and I won't be home to charge it for another few hours.

Has anyone else had these issues & how have them been resolved?

I have only had this phone for a couple months and I am getting very irritated with all the issues. Time zone changes, shutting off randomly even though it is fully charged & now this?!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo running hot & draining battery very quickly.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Under settings>battery what does it list as the top 5 things and what % of the battery are they using?

The most accurate information will come after you've charged your phone 100%, used it as normal until it drops down to 20% (the lesser the better) and then report those %'s.

0 Likes
HappyHiker

I am having the exact same issue.   Just started a couple of weeks ago.  Battery drains super fast and feels hot to the touch like it never did before.   Now I have taken to keeping it on the charger when at home or at work if at all possible otherwise I pick it up to use and battery is dead.  One thing I have noticed is that my charging cord doesn't seem to fit as securely as it did before (and I have several charging cords and this seems to be the case with all of them).  It is a huge pain because it is getting to the point the phone is not really functional because if it doesn't get on the charger every few hours it ends up shut off with a dead battery and this is with very little actual use!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again:

Under settings>battery what does it list as the top 5 things and what % of the battery are they using?

The most accurate information will come after you've charged your phone 100%, used it as normal until it drops down to 20% (the lesser the better) and then report those %'s.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know having issues with a phone becoming hot and battery draining is upsetting HappyHiker. If your charging cord is not fitting securely, the issue may be a damaged or defective charging port. Check to see if the charging port looks damaged, wet, or if its moving. This issue can cause the phone to become hot if its working twice as hard to charge the phone. This could also cause the battery drain because of the charging port, the amount of battery strength may not be accurate. I recommend taking it to the store for a hands on evaluation if you are unable to tell if the charging port is damaged. If you see damage within the charging port, the best recommendation is to replace the phone.

If you don't see any issues with the charging port, incompatible apps may also cause functionality issues with your device. If you have issues with any of your apps, try removing them to see if that will help.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cziggy218

I have had my droid for 7 months it has been replaced 3 times. I am still having issues with this phone which is the 4th phone I have had. I get the run around at the Verizon store and then they send me another used refurbished phone that continues to have issues. If I could afford a new phone I would be buying one and it would not be a droid, I would go back to Apple.  The phone is hot all the time and I constantly have to recharge it. The camera does not work with in texting unless I shut the flash off other wise it freezes up the phone and I have to reset the phone to get it to unfreeze. I seriously hate this phone.

0 Likes