galaxy s5 wont send sms
Nehpets

My galaxy s5 will not send text messages or receive them for several minutes, sometimes even longer.
I cannot download pictures messages, and in general the "4GLTE" has been terrible for the last couple of days.

My only guess could be I updated my software to G900VVRU2BOE1 July 4th, and since then my phone's service has been horrid.

I live in New York City so I doubt it's a coverage thing, since it's lasted for days and my friends on Verizon aren't having an issue (although I did not confirm if they've done the recent software update)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: galaxy s5 wont send sms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Nehpets! I sincerely regret to hear of the troubles you're experiencing with your text messages! Just to clarify, are these issues with regular text messages and picture messages? Are you having any issues w/ data services or connecting to the internet (not connected to Wi-Fi)? What zip code are you in? Share details. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nehpets

Hello!

To be more specific: My test messages will take 1-3 minutes at a time to send.  I can't tell how long it takes to receive, but I receive texts out of order.     I'm unable to download picture messages.  I've retried multiple times with no success.

When I turn off my Wi-Fi and only use 4Glte applications take several minutes to load, if at all.

The area code is 11221

I've tried restating my phone and turning off/on data

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the specifics, Nehpets. You've mentioned that you're in NYC, so coverage should be abundant there. While I agree, there will always be certain locations where service will be challenging. That said, does this apppear to happen in one spot (such as home or office)? Have  you had the chance to use it in other places?

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nehpets

This morning my 4G LTE in 11221 is still acting wonky.  I'm able to send to text messages after a few seconds, but I cannot load applications or web pages using the 4G, or download picture messages still.

I have a job today that involves me going to two different zip codes within the city.  I'll do some tests with loading apps/web using 4G and report it later.

Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank your for keeping us updated, Nehpets. I want to make sure this is resolved quickly. Is anyone else having the same issue that you know of? Have you tried powering your phone off briefly removing the sim card, placing sim card in and powering phone on? Are your roaming capabilities turned on?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nehpets

Hello!

So, after doing some tests yesterday and today, I think it might have to do with my area code. Anytime I'm in my neighborhood the service is abysmal.   I worked in area code 11249 and 10003, everything was great.  Phone worked like a phone!

So, it really might have to be my area code of 11221.   Yet, I must say again that this problem started happening the day I upgraded my phone's software (July 4th) and it's been horrid ever since.

As a freelancer, I really need my phone to operate so I can get calls about jobs. If i'm not on a job, I'm sitting at home waiting to hear about one.  :[

Also, I tried taking out my sim card twice now, no fix.

0 Likes