It's mid year.. The Vreizion CEO said we would get wi-fi calling.. I am waiting...
greg12866

We were told Verizion would have wi-fi calling.. When is that going to happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: It's mid year.. The Vreizion CEO said we would get wi-fi calling.. I am waiting...
Snn5
Legend

That was a rumor.  I doubt it will happen anytime soon, if ever.  Verizon believes its network is broad enough not to warrant the investment and software changes and customer hassle.  That one update to allow wifi-calling could cause just as much havok as has any other software update folks fuss about.  The cons outweigh the pros at this point.  Not saying never, but definitely not right now or soon.

Re: It's mid year.. The Vreizion CEO said we would get wi-fi calling.. I am waiting...
MonkeyStink

I too am tired of waiting.  I'm in a marginal area and as it stands I can only make a cell call if I stand by a certain window in my office.  My options are this (in order of likelihood):

1) Hop to a carrier that either has a stronger signal or offers Wi-Fi calling.  (T-Mobile checks both of these boxes)  Moving to something like Vonage Extensions falls into this category.

2) But a Verizon Signal Booster (the device that plugs into an Ethernet port and emits a cell signal for your house)

3) Wait for Verizon to make a definitive statement one way or another and then act accordingly

And I would argue your statement that Verizon feels that they have a strong enough network and that's why they're not rushing to Wi-Fi calling.  Regardless of how strong your network, you will *never* be able to penetrate all buildings in all places.  All carriers understand this, it's just physics.  And the fact that Verizon offers a device that emits a cell signal that then routes voice traffic over the internet is confirmation that the need exists.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why would Verizon rush to wifi-calling when most people just use their free Google Voice number for wifi calling?

greg12866

A rumor? No it wasn't It was stated by the CEO of Verizion.. I suspect though he is not telling the truth... My service is terrible.. I pay $ 171 per month and have to go out side to make a call.. It wasn't always like this, I used to have great service.. A little over a year ago the service went from 3 bars to one...

0 Likes
greg12866

I pay for a service and I shouldn't have to resort to gimmicks to make a call... If Sprint and T-Mobile has Wi-fi calling I am sure Verizion can make it happen also...

0 Likes
greg12866

I don't have many options.. At my work we have At&t and it's just as bad.. I do have a network extender at my house.. I got it free. I complained so much they gave it to me... They have no problem taking my money each month... It seems their accounting department works better than their cell towers...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The CEO said this year... Could mean now until Dec 31. I don't remember where I saw something stating late this year which to me late would be October to December.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I would say the Verizon CFO making that statement is a bit more than "rumor".

0 Likes