How to send a video message without condensing it to be blurry?
JenB12
Enthusiast - Level 1

How to send a video message without condensing it to be blurry?

0 Likes
Re: How to send a video message without condensing it to be blurry?
Snn5
Legend

You can make an HD video, but make it very short, but inherently all videos can be compressed too much to the point of useless.  If this is a pre-recorded video, edit it to be much shorter...15 sec or less.  If you are creating a video from the messenger menu (create video as opposed to attach video) the app should format the video into a smaller size anyway.

0 Likes
JenB12
Enthusiast - Level 1

The video is only 22 seconds long. The recipient showed me the video and the quality was very, very poor- nothing comparable to what I recorded on my phone. I've only had the S6 for about a month, but I never had this problem with my iphone 4. What causes this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The video size over the text message system is restricted. If you want to send a better quality video, send it via email instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Legend

Compression.  Those videos you shoot in full HD 60 frames per second are huge.  Look at the file details.  It would take a long time to send a video that size.  Long videos are best sent via YouTube or links to a cloud account for sharing like OneDrive or Google Drive.  Even a 22 sec video can be rather large.