My Lumina 929 (icon) continually tries to reboot and I can't turn it off. Anyone else experience this?
don524

My Lumina 929 is stuck in a reboot cycle and no combination of button pushing and or holding turns it off. Is there another way to reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Lumina 929 (icon) continually tries to reboot and I can't turn it off. Anyone else experience this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

don524 We don't like to hear that you're having so many device problems with the Icon. When did your phone start resetting on a constant basis? Have there been any recent software updates or an alert to complete an update?

As for an alternate reset, you have to make sure you follow the steps completely in order to get the phone to reset. Press and hold the volume down (in the upper right edge) while

holding the power key which is also in the upper right edge. You should press the vol down key first and then make sure you're holding the power key at the same time.

You will hold both keys until you see an exclamation mark on the restore screen.

At that time, only release the volume down key.

This is the only way to alternate reset the phone if it will not turn on. If the phone is on and responsive, go to settings, about, reset your phone and tap yes.

Try to make sure all of your important information is backed up before resetting the phone, if possible.

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes