Why is Verizon saying I have a past due amount?
elay15

I deactivated my account months ago and had a debt of $412.12, I was told this be a representative on the phone Thursday. So I decided to pay it all off and I was told by the rep that I could go in the next day and register a new account if I wanted....so I tried to go to Target today to get a discounted phone an when he was contacting Verizon they were saying I still had a debt?....

So I jus decided to look online now to see my debt and I see

$-34.02

Like really? I dont even know what that means but my past pay due amount is $0....so what debt do I owe thats stopping me from making a new account. I wanted it done by today because hte sale for the phone ends tomorrow

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Verizon saying I have a past due amount?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you may be confused by this elay15, but we know it's important to resolve this concern. I can clarify that the negative sign next to the amout means it is a credit, not a past balance due. Also, to set the correct expectation, if you did disconnect your account, the credit owed for this amount is refunded. As long as it meets the criteria, it begins processing 22 days after the final bil status. The overall process can take 9-12 weeks from the disconnect data.

I'm saddened to learn you're no longer with us, but wanted to make sure we resolve the last concern you have with the account you had with us.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That is actually a credit, if it is in green font.  Nonetheless, you might be subject to credit approval given your debt previous.  Plus, it takes time for financials to clear and post.  It's not as easy as just paying something off and then turning around and starting again.

elay15

I just thought because the rep I talked to when I paid said that I could go in the next day and register that I'd be good smh...

and its in blackCapture.PNG

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Snn5 is right its a credit, not a balance you have to pay. It may also be because you went in to target and not a vzw store i think it takes longer to get the updated information to them where there not really a corporate location.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you may be confused by this elay15, but we know it's important to resolve this concern. I can clarify that the negative sign next to the amout means it is a credit, not a past balance due. Also, to set the correct expectation, if you did disconnect your account, the credit owed for this amount is refunded. As long as it meets the criteria, it begins processing 22 days after the final bil status. The overall process can take 9-12 weeks from the disconnect data.

I'm saddened to learn you're no longer with us, but wanted to make sure we resolve the last concern you have with the account you had with us.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ejschultz21113
Enthusiast - Level 1

In a math equation if you see a negative sign next to a number you know it means it's less than zero. You don't owe $34.02. It's a credited balance. If you canceled your services and your final bill has posted with a credited balance, you'll get a check from them in the mail for that amount. 

Sounds like the Target guy doesn't know what he's doing, but that isn't surprising. If you're a former customer trying to come back, you're better off speaking with telesales or customer service. Depending on how long your old account has been disconnected there may be some incentive doing it with them or they can reactivate your old account.

0 Likes