Galaxy S5 won't ring for some calls, only see voicemail notification
archerstar

I recently upgraded to the S5 and for a few weeks, it was working perfectly.  But now twice in three days, I've had a call come in where it doesn't ring, doesn't show as a missed call, but I get the voicemail and the notif for that. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 won't ring for some calls, only see voicemail notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Archerstar. Please put the phone into safe mode and then test for 24-48 hours. Let us know if you still get any missed calls with no notifications. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111483/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Archerstar,

The S5 is a great phone to upgrade to. When you don’t receive this call, is it the same person each time? Are you at the same location when this person calls? Are you having any difficulties calling out or sending text messages?

ChristopherM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
archerstar

Different people, but I'm in the same place (my apartment).  I have no trouble calling out or sending texts. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information. Do you have any difficulty making out bound calls? Any issues with call quality? How many bars of services does your device show when at home?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
archerstar

No trouble making outbound calls, no issues with call quality.  I usually get 4G 2 bars, although sometimes I do see it drop down to 3G 1 bar. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification, archerstar. Does it drop signal when on a call or is it during all use? I ask because if you notice signal is fluctuating while it is sitting idle if you happen to get a call during a time where there is either no signal or the signal is fluctuating, the phone will not ring and the caller will notice the phone going directly to voicemail.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
archerstar

I've never had a problem with dropped calls.

The callers on the no-ring calls have said it dials on their end the full amount before going to voicemail, rather than just getting kicked to voice mail like my phone was off or for a rejected call. 

0 Likes
moshertech

VCS... Stop the canned obvious responses and give an intelligent answer beyond first grade. this is an epidemic since lollipop upgrade that many people have and every manufacturer/service provided has skirted and ignored. Ive lost job call back due to this. being unemployed and not answering the phone to get a new job means a lot of your customer base will 1) not be able to pay or afford your phones and 2) never buy your products again because of the memory. Get with android and find a solution and let us know were not stupid or crazy and your trying to resolve the dam issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Archerstar. Please put the phone into safe mode and then test for 24-48 hours. Let us know if you still get any missed calls with no notifications. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111483/

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes