Voice over LTE - Advance Calling and iPhone 5S/5C
lie2me
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been shown that the iPhone 5s can support Voice over LTE.

"According to a Twitter user “joe012594” who made a name for himself by creating carrier hacks, iOS 8 Beta 5 showed VoLTE as available on his iPhone 5s in CommCenter, which handles all cellular communication in iOS."   Verizon begins rolling out Voice over LTE ahead of iPhone 6 announcement

VoLTE on iPhone 5s Carrier Hack (Verizon)

Carrier - VoLTE on iPhone 5s Carrier Hack (Verizon) | MacRumors Forums

I can't stand the size of the iPhone 6.  It is too big to use as a phone.

I prefer the smaller size of the iPhone 5S but want the newer calling features that allow me to use data at the same time of making a voice call.

We all know Verizon has to support this.    Why doesn't Verizon get behind this and start supporting it more so it better competes with that offered by other carriers, such as the GSM carriers that have always had this capability.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice over LTE - Advance Calling and iPhone 5S/5C
mama23dogs
Legend

The phone has to support it too.  The Note 4 on Verizon was supposed to have VOLTE .  It requires an update to its software.

as for jailbreaking, or any modifications to Apple software or hardware, it voids the Apple warranty.

Re: Voice over LTE - Advance Calling and iPhone 5S/5C
Weth
Legend

There is no carrier anywhere and I know about that has VoLTE on 5S, including the pure GSM carriers.   A message in the code of the comcenter on the iPhone is hardly proof that it is enabled at all levels on the phone.    If it was up to the carriers you would've had at least one carrier enabling at this point but as of now there is zero .    That tells me it is either not capable of VoLTE or Apple has chosen not to enable it for marketing purposes to steer people toward the six.    This is an Apples Court, not Verizon's.