LG G2 keeps jumping ahead 4 hours
karcho

Two days ago, my LG G2 started randomly jumping ahead 4 hours, and then back. I have it set to Use network-provided time and Use network-provided time zone. The Time zone shown is correct (GMT-4:00 Easter Daylight Time). If I un-tick both of those and then re-tick them, the time corrects itself. But then it will return to the 4 hours ahead soon after. It actually jumps back and forth between the two times (I was texting someone last night and the order of the texts is all messed up because the time kept changing on its own). It happens when I'm home. It happens when I'm out. It happens when I'm connected to wi-fi and it happens when I'm using data. I powered the phone off, removed the sim card, waited 5 minutes, put the sim card back in and put the phone in Safe mode, and it happened it safe mode. The only time it doesn't happen is when I am in Airplane Mode, which isn't convenient because then I can't do anything with my phone. I see a prior thread on this subject in April, 2015 that a number of people joined in on saying they were having the same issue. But there was no resolution shown. The original poster said it went away on its own after a day. Also to note, in addition to my Android, we have a Windows phone and two iPhones (a 5S and a 6) and none of them are having this issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 keeps jumping ahead 4 hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karcho, This is quite concerning, indeed! I rely on my phone clock for the alarm so I know the importance of ensuring your time is reflected correctly. Your taking some great steps in trying to reslove this. Does this same behavior happen when you set the  LG G2 time manually from Settings > Date & Time? When you are viewing the time on the device are you looking at the system time instead of a widget or application on your phone?  Please share more so we can help.

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
karcho

Using my phone alarm clock is how I noticed it! It was sounding for something that shouldn't have been happening for 4 hours. Anyway, if I un-tick the Auto-date & time and Auto-time zone and leave it, it does NOT go ahead. But if it was already ahead 4 hours and then I un-tick the Auto's, it won't go back to the correct time either. For your second question, when I am viewing the time I'm looking in Settings > Date & Time, not at a widget (thought it's also incorrect in the widget). Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karcho,

Thanks for the details! How long has this been going on? Any recent changes to the device since this started such as new apps, app update, software updates or even damage? If you place the device in Safe Mode, does it still occur? See how to enable Safe Mode here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87334/.

AdamG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
karcho

I posted 2 days ago that it began 2 days before that and I also posted that it occured in Safe mode. No, no damage, new software, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's good to know, karcho. I appreciate the work you've done trying to resolve this peculiar behavior. You mentioned in your first post that you had removed and reinserted the SIM card as part of your troubleshooting. Are you still working with the same SIM you had when you first obtained your G2 or has it since been replaced? Also, may I have your zip code?

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
karcho

It's the original SIM, the phone is only a year and 4 months old. My zip code is 11793 but the problem was happening no matter where I was on Long Island. I'm going to try checking the Auto-date & time and Auto-time zone boxes again to see what happens. I've had them un-ticked for days so that I could use my alarm clock, etc and not be 4 hours off.

0 Likes
Kahman
Enthusiast - Level 1

My G2 which is a brand new replacement phone, and is updated to 39A, has begun to change times on me as well.  My last phone had many other issues but it had begun to do this as well, which is why I was given a New -  in the box & never used G2 (white instead of my black).

My phone changes time in any setting.  I must uncheck the network time and zone and it goes back temporarily.  Eventually it flips ahead 4 hours.... then corrects itself sporadically.  Has wrong time when I need it and in must reset it.  I will have to find an independent alarm clock app, cuz this is going to cause a serious problem if my regular alarms fail. I have screenshots.

0 Likes