Why can't Verizon Wireless Warehouse log in Returned Phones?
dtalcorn

We traded in our Iphone 5's for Iphone 6 Plus's Edge.  They gave us a USPS return label and boxes for each.  We returned each phone in each box and they were received by the Warehouse in Fort Worth, Texas on May 6th (a week after we were given the boxes).  Here it is July 2nd (almost 2 months later) and they are trying to charge us for the phones even though I have called them 3 times about this (after getting notices that they had not received them).  On June 30th I talked to the 3rd person and she assured me that it would be taken care of and would call me back that day or text me to let me know that.  Well .... guess what no phone call and no text as of today.  This is ridiculous!!!!  I guess my next course of action will be to go to the BBB.  I know many people have had this same problem so why can't they do something about this?  Why is it not made the NEWS?  How many others have the same problem?  Do we need to do a Class Action Lawsuit?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't Verizon Wireless Warehouse log in Returned Phones?
rcschnoor
Legend

No you cannot do a class action lawsuit. You can file a small claims lawsuit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dtalcorn,

We want to see this resolved for you. When you spoke with us recently, was an investigation opened up for you? If so, have you called back in to view the results of the investigation. Certainly the representative that told you she would reach back out to you should have at least given you an update, and for that lack of response our apologies. Investigations may take some time, so it may still be in a pending status. Did she happen to give you a ticket number so that you can reference it when you call in? Certainly, if an investigation has not been filed, that would be the best next step.

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dtalcorn

No...an investigation report was not done.  I have no ticket number.  I will say I received a text today saying that they credited the account with $299 (not the taxes they charged to begin with) but not credited with the other $299 yet.  Not sure why because both was received same day and time.  Don't know why you would need an investigation....am I investigating your employees...don't you think the Supervisor should do this.  That is not my responsibility.  You gave me a return label and paid shipping and it shows it was received by your company.  Sorry but I think that is incompetancy on Verizons part.  Just make sure I get our second credit plus the taxes.

0 Likes
kennyj2473

I have actually been dealing with this same problem same May 16 with no resolution.  Per my attorney, I will be paying the full amount due today, which I have been withholding until there was a resolution.  We decided today I'll just pay it, move all of my accounts to another carrier, then deal with Verizon in the courts, social media, etc.  I am on the board for one of the largest Chambers of Commerce in the country, in addition to having a very successful business blog and radio show.  I have a very wide sphere of influence and I'll definitely be spreading the word about the complete incompetence at Verizon. 

0 Likes
AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1

If it's received by the warehouse I would not pay anything billed to the account. If you haven't already, a supervisor may need to be questioned. Surely they can contact the warehouse to verify it was received, as if the tracking information shouldn't be enough proof. 

0 Likes
kennyj2473

Yeah, that's been my strategy to this point. Unfortunately, I am now handcuffed as far as moving my phone number to a new carrier until I've paid my balance with Verizon. It's fine, as much of a headache as this has been, I would actually rather spend the money to get away from them and spend the additional thousands in attorney fees just to get it handled correctly. In the end, it will cost me much more than the $299, but I'm willing to do that at this point. It's been a complete joke, this whole situation, and I am done dealing with it.

0 Likes
bhonolulu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey corn, I am having the same problem.  No resolution yet good luck.

0 Likes
holmesda2

I also am having the same problem.  Went to Verizon store picked up a label and returned my phone in the same box. Dropped it off at the post office on July 13, 2015.  As of today, they don't show my phone being returned.   I have talked to 3 different people with no help.  They have charged my account $300.00..  I think after this, I will return to AT&T.  Left them after 13 years for Verizon because my reception where I live was better.  I am totally not pleased with the service I have been receiving with this issue.  I have been reading the blogs and it seems as though they have been having this problem for several years.  I guess it is going to take reporting them to the BBB or filing a lawsuit to get their attention. 

0 Likes