Verizon Retiree
vzretiree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a Verizon retiree. Am trying to price out 2 line wireless plan with the employee discount.

I went to Benefits Connection Site and clicked the link Explore my wireless service discounts

to try and set up a plan. When i set up the plan that I wanted, it was at full retail with no discount.

I called three customer service numbers and tried Onine Live Chat and no one can help.

Is there a website or phone number that i can call to get this done?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Retiree
AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1

Also came across this.

US Wireless employees enrolled in the Verizon Employee Phone Program (Verizon EPP) as an active employee will automatically retain their discount upon retirement with no additional action. If you are not enrolled in the Verizon EPP on your retirement date, you may not enroll in this program at a later time. To manage your account, please log on to MyVerizon.

US Wireline and Corporate retirees are eligible for the Verizon Wireline Communications Retiree Discount. To qualify for the discount, retirees need to register their email address on BenefitsConnection by using the same login ID and password used to manage other Verizon retiree benefits. After logon, look for the “Explore my wireless service discounts” link under I WANT TO on the home page. You may have to click on "show more links" to display this link. In addition, this link can be found under Company Programs in the Library.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

My understanding is first you sign up for the plan and then you have to put in for the discount which has to be approved. Just remember the discount is only taken off the data plan.

0 Likes
vzretiree
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for reply, but i'm looking to compare plan with Tmobile and Sprint. The company has to have a way for us to get answers

thx agn

0 Likes
AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1

Take the total cost and deduct your discount ????

vzretiree
Enthusiast - Level 2

thx for reply, anthony,

so i should take a calculated guess or should we be able to get the exact amount from the company?

taking the percentage off gives me a reasonable estimate but :

does discount apply to equipment?

data only?

one line or both?

etc.....

there has to be an easy way to get this info

thx agn

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

To my understanding discounts are ONLY applied to the data portion. At least thats how it works for everyone else getting an employee discount.

For instance if your data plan is $100 and you have a 20% discount, you pay $80, but you still pay the usualy line access fee amount.

vzretiree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to explain what the VZ costs was for two lines with 20GB data: $220 per month

I would have to buy or lease two phones, they don't offer a buy back on my phones.

i pay $182 now with AT&T

0 Likes
vzretiree
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks , Mii

problem is that neither you or i know what the discounts are and if they're worth it....the company doesnt give us a resource to find out or contact info...that's what I'm hoping to get from this forum....

thx agn

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can call or chat with Verizon to see what % discount you might receive:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

From there it will be easier to figure out what you'd spend. If your At&T phones can be unlocked, you may be able to use them on Verizon. Otherwise your best bet is to get phones on the Edge program. For instance if you got 2 LG G4's your plan might look like this:

$140 - % discount

$15 Line Access Fee

$15 Line Access Fee

$22.91 LG G4 Payment

$22.91 LG G4 Payment

You're looking at around $216 + taxes and fees for that amount of data and 2 phones. That is without any sort of discount.

0 Likes
vzretiree
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi Mii,

i've called three different customer service numbers and 2 live chats.....no one can price out vz wireless for retirees.....see original post.....

0 Likes