LG G2
Melylie726

My LG G2 doesn't seem to hold a charge any more and when it dies and I plug it in to charge it. It says my device must have been overheated. This is a replacement, the last one I dropped and cracked the screen. Is anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Melylie726

It's important to me that you have a good working device!  I'd love to assist.

When did the problem with the charging on your device begin?  Are you using the original wall charger that came with your device?  And you mentioned having it replaced due to damages.  Is this the replacement LG G2 provided by Asurion, the insurance company?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have yet to have an overheating issue on my stock unmodified G2.

0 Likes
Melylie726

The problem started about a month ago. And yes I still use the same charger. I noticed it only says shut off because of overheating when it's shut off charging. And yes it came from the Asurion when I had to have the other one replaced. I never had a problem with the battery until lately. Should I just go to a Verizon store and have them look at it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Melylie726, these are great details. Thank you for this info. Are you using the original battery, or the battery that Asurion sent with your phone replacement? You may always bring it in to your local store to have the phone analyzed. If the phone is deemed the issue, we recommend reaching back out to Asurion as their warranty will cover the replacement of the device at this time.

Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response.

This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes