Prepaid Monthly Plan. If you run out of balance, does it automatically start charging you per minute/text?
Uru75

"If you have a sufficient balance for your monthly access on the MONTHLY PLAN, enjoy the benefits of your calling plan. If you don't have enough funds to cover your monthly access fee, you will be charged 25¢ per minute, 20¢ per text."

Does this mean that if the month is up and you haven't paid your monthly fee for next month on the prepaid monthly plan, you will start to be automatically charged per minute and per text? Will it notify you that your plan has run out and it's about to start charging you?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid Monthly Plan. If you run out of balance, does it automatically start charging you per minute/text?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Let's see if I can actually anwer your question.

If you are on a pre pay account and you pay $50 monthly to get Unlimited Talk and Text, this covers you for 30 days. If you do not pay again before the 31st day your phone will turn off. The whole point of pre pay is you pay for it BEFORE you use it. They will not allow you to continue to make calls and send and receive texts if there is no money on the account. The only way you would get charged per usage on a pre pay monthly plan is if you don't put the required amount on. So if you are supposed to put $50 for unlimited and you put $25 you will get charged per minute at 25 cents and per message at 10 cents for SMS and 25 cents for MMS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Monthly Plan. If you run out of balance, does it automatically start charging you per minute/text?
Uru75

This is the catch, isn't it... How they get you. And you have to go searching for it, it's only noted in the fine print & in vague language.

God, that's annoying.

They act like the only difference between All Set plans and the new Monthly Plans is that you get more data for free! Woohoo! Who wouldn't want that! They hide the fact that you will now automatically be charged overage if you do not keep on top of your payments, whereas before with the All Set plan, it would simply suspend your service until you made your next payment.

Am I right here?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Let's see if I can actually anwer your question.

If you are on a pre pay account and you pay $50 monthly to get Unlimited Talk and Text, this covers you for 30 days. If you do not pay again before the 31st day your phone will turn off. The whole point of pre pay is you pay for it BEFORE you use it. They will not allow you to continue to make calls and send and receive texts if there is no money on the account. The only way you would get charged per usage on a pre pay monthly plan is if you don't put the required amount on. So if you are supposed to put $50 for unlimited and you put $25 you will get charged per minute at 25 cents and per message at 10 cents for SMS and 25 cents for MMS.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I thought prepaid was prepaid, that you didn't get more service than you already prepaid for.  I thought that was a benefit for people on a set budget:  that they paid for a month ahead of time and once it was used up, that was it until you paid again the next cycle.

Uru75

Thank you. This was not at all clear to me from the info provided in the description of the plan.  Sometimes it really seems like they are trying to confuse people on purpose, have little respect for their customers and think they are idiots.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I guess you'll just not understand.

Pay and your phone works. Don't pay and it doesn't work. Does this help?

0 Likes