My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini stopped Vibrating
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just noticed that the vibrate function seems to have stopped functioning on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.  I have the Vibration checked in the notifications.  Did it get turned off somehow or is something broken?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini stopped Vibrating
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you run updates without doing a factory reset, you tend to just keep layering operating systems which can cause minor malfunctions. Doing a factory reset is what you should do if you sell your device once you replace it.

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you restarted your device to see if this helps? When specifically are you wanting it to vibrate and did you check the settings under that specific app?

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

It no longer vibrates on startup and I checked the settings under call and text - everything is checked.  *shrugs*

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What about when you decrease the Volume all the way down to "vibrate"? If I remember correctly it should give you a quick one to let you know it's on vibrate.

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok - something weird just happened - I plugged it into the computer to charge and it started vibrating again!  Not sure if that solves the problem though...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

One way to know is by turning the volume down until "vibrate" and see if it does it.

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried the volume thing before it magically turned itself back on and it didn't work - it was completely caput and now it works randomly.  Not sure what is going on

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you ever done a factory reset on your device?

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope I haven't. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you find it goes out again, I may consider doing that. Just make sure you back everything up.

0 Likes