Xperia z3v where is lollipop
Has32225
Enthusiast - Level 1

When can we expect the upgrade for Xperia 3v to lollipop? The rest of the Xperia world have already received updates.

Labels (1)
Re: Xperia z3v where is lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Has32225,

New software updates are exciting! We have no info on the Lollipop update for the Xperia 3V. Keep checking the software update page http://spr.ly/6588BB7oa .

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Back_Woods
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is crap, we have been waiting for months. Sony has given VZW the releases, Verizon is just sitting on it. Other carriers have had the 5.0 release for months and have either deployed 5.1 or are rolling it out soon. If this doesn't get dealt with I will simply find another carrier that actually updates their phones in a timely manner. I wish Verizon would just release the build with out all the BS and branding and just get it over with, it's not like we can take these Verizon specific phones elsewhere.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where's your proof that Sony gave the update to Verizon Wireless? Did you ever think that Sony might still be working on it before sending it to the Verizon testing labs?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gavroche13
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would help if Verizon was honest, or in the least forthcoming, but they aren't.  Verizon may or may not have the update ready, who knows, Sony may not have given it to Verizon yet, who knows?  Is it even coming to the z3v, who knows?  Are they waiting for a more stable release, who knows?  Not us, the customers.  We honestly have no idea.

It would also help if Verizon gave a crap about their customers as individuals, they don't.  As with all monstrous organizations the decision makers are going to care about nothing but the bottomed line, until that is affected, they will have the same terrible, and vague support.  They do give us this forum to voice our complaints on though, bravo.

Kedsta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spoke to a Verizon Tech yesterday.  I asked why the updates for the Z3 have been rolling out for 2 months now yet Verizon is not updating, and was told that the Sony Xperia Z3v is not compatible with lollipop.  I have been told by Verizon Techs for almost a year that the updates were all a matter of Sony making them available,  and so now that Sony had made the available,  now I'm told the phone cannot be upgraded after all this time waiting.   What's most upsetting is the Tech states that Verizon intends to put out an update for voice over data scheduled for 2015,  however, we are nearing 2016 apparently faster than Verizon can formulate an update.  Well Verizon,  I must say that the kindergarten class you asked to make new software may not be able to handle the task while most of us ate still roaming the earth,  so you should really consider paying some real programmers to do the job,  and fire everyone who has left the job undone till this date.  While you at it,  a refund of my money for the bogus phone and bogus lies would be highly appreciated.

Kedsta
Enthusiast - Level 1

*are

0 Likes