imessage and texts not received even though they have been delivered
sc0825

I have been sending iMessages (blue) to contacts and texts (green) to contacts, while being connected to both LTE and Wi-Fi networks, and I have sent my messages and they have been delivered. However, when I click on the contacts I have sent texts to, I cannot see some of my messages in the conversation (have never deleted messages in my conversations) that I definitely sent (the following messages in the conversation are intact). In the case of some of my iMessage contacts, I can only see the messages I have sent and see only for two seconds in the messages main menu that the contacts have responded, but there have been no notifications nor actual messages being displayed in the conversation's screen. I have the Verizon 19.1 carrier update, along with iOS 8.3.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: imessage and texts not received even though they have been delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you can keep your message history, sc0825. When did you notice this start happening? What is the current Message History settings via Settings>Messages>Message History? Are you regularly syncing with iCloud or iTunes? Try a soft reset by holding Power and Home keys until device restarts then test again.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sc0825

I noticed this happening on Saturday and happened on Sunday again. Currently my setting is on keep messages forever, and I tried restarting my iPhone both manually and using this soft reset. My iPhone hasn't synced up with iCloud in a while because of limited storage, and is more or less up to sync with iTunes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking those steps to troubleshoot, sc0825. Have you recently installed or updated any other applications when this began? The best option if the Messaging software continues to malfunction would be a Restore through iTunes to clear any corruptions that are present.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes