Verizon Cloud 'Backup paused. Service temporarily unavailable.'
intrepidscout

For the past TWO YEARS, Verizon Cloud has refused to backup my contacts, photos, files, and messages.  When I tap 'backup now', it tries for a minute, then says 'Backup paused. Service temporarily unavailable.' 

This is, of course, far more than temporary.  It happens on both WiFi and 4G.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud  'Backup paused. Service temporarily unavailable.'
Snn5
Legend

Google Drive 15GB for documents and such free, Microsoft OneDrive 30GB free, Google Play Music for up to 50,000 tracks free.  All work fabulously.  Google Photos for unlimited normal resolution photos and Google account (if available) for contacts via Gmail (free.)

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud 'Backup paused. Service temporarily unavailable.'
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Intrepidscout-

Making sure the content on your phone is backed up is very important.  I know I would be heartbroken if I lost any of my personal information.  I don't write down numbers on notepads and I haven't backed up my pictures.  Have you tried to delete the Verizon cloud from your phone and then downloaded again?

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
intrepidscout

This is a ridiculous solution.  Why should I go to the trouble (and security risks) of setting up a whole other service instead of demanding that Verizon provide the service I am already paying for?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud  'Backup paused. Service temporarily unavailable.'
Snn5
Legend

That's your choice:  either go with what works, or continue to struggle.

0 Likes
intrepidscout

First of all, the operating system does not allow removal of the Verizon Cloud app.  I did uninstall updates and reinstall, and that helped a little.  It was able to backup my calls, but then went back to being "temporarily disabled" before accomplishing anything else.

0 Likes