How to turn off back up assistance on my basic phone
namtet

How to turn off back up assistance on my basic phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to turn off back up assistance on my basic phone
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Within the program you should have a menu button which should have something like "disable."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello namtet! Backup assistant is an awesome feature to keep your contacts backed up for you. Is there a reason you are not interested in having your contacts backed up? Additionally, what basic phone do you currently have? Thanks in advance! We'll get this figured out for you.

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sunny_me

I, too, would like to turn OFF the back-up assistant.  It has been overwriting newly updated information with old information.  ie: a contact's 2 year old number now shows AFTER I changed it to the correct new number, or I add an address, and after the update the address is no longer displayed.  Since the respondent requested phone type (LG-VN2515).  I cannot trust the BuA any longer and now it has just become a daily annoyance to click "end" knowing it is not keeping correct data.  My spreadsheets I keep are far more reliable, and if my phone gets lost I have access to my numbers without my phone.

Any advise on how to turn it off since 611, in store, and on-line were unable to assist in this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely sounds like a problem and we're here to help. Are you able to delete the Backup Assistance app?

0 Likes