My Samsung Galaxy will not charge. It says it is not compatible with the charger, however I have tried a bunch of different ones and nothing will work
txp2

Samsung Galaxy not charging.

Says it is not compatible with the charger.

I have had this problem before and took it to the store, they gave me an iPhone charger (the smaller charger) and it worked then.  Now it is not working at all with that or any charger.

I have reset my phone, taken the battery out, shut it off, and checked for updates.  Nothing is working

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy will not charge. It says it is not compatible with the charger, however I have tried a bunch of different ones and nothing will work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get that phone charging again! What kind of Galaxy device do you have? Can you please detail the steps you took to reset it?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy will not charge.  It says it is not compatible with the charger, however I have tried a bunch of different ones and nothing will work
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried a different USB cable?  Maybe that is what has gone bad. 

Re: My Samsung Galaxy will not charge. It says it is not compatible with the charger, however I have tried a bunch of different ones and nothing will work
stef7
Master - Level 2

as has been suggested, try a different cable. if that doesn't work, try charging for a little while using a pc USB port, then switch to the charger.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you haven't, try using a different battery.

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy will not charge.  It says it is not compatible with the charger, however I have tried a bunch of different ones and nothing will work
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you have to, try a different phone.

Sorry - I couldn't help myself.

I hope you get it sorted out.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

And trying a different battery is really bad advise?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

No, I meant the joke as in... it's getting more involved / drastic fast. It's probably a broken phone.. Smiley Happy

You gave good advice. My joke was bad. My bad.

I have heard others claim throwing in a different battery often solves the issue, so I think that *IS* a good suggestion. However, what I think might be happening here, and it's just a theory, if a cell battery is deeply discharged, these newer phones will not charge them fast... You need to get some baseline level charge on them before they'll charge at the faster rates of the OEM chargers... To test that theory, charging on a PC USB port, which is typically 500mA or less, then switching over is worth a shot...

Also - it's very possible a battery will have been cycled so much, it really cannot take a charge well, and then you'd probably get the same behavior... So... I'm in agreement with you. I just think that slow-charging is the next step.

0 Likes
Slick28nc

My Samsung S5 2 months old (if that) would not charge kept giving me use the charger that came with phone etc.etc.etc. OK took it into the Verizon store guy helping me was great until he talked with tech support. Tech support is where the problems began. Went threw the whole turn this off reset this etc.etc.etc. for over an hour remind you this phone is only 2 months old in like new condition. They constantly kept asking what shape the phone was in, if it was damaged bla bla bla. Then after factory reset same message cannot charge unless use original charger. Ok me and the guy at store this point was pretty sure their was a short in the charging port. Tech Woman forget her name kept saying if was in an update that was issued a month before this charging problem even started. So if was in the update I do not see it taking a month to show. Now and 1.5 hr into it this I am done listing to the man at store try to talk to the tech woman. Asked to speak to her and told her I needed to go car full of kids and wife having to deal with them while all the time some woman on the other end is holding me up because she does not want to hear what the problem most likely is..... keeps saying we need to hook up the phone to a PC to repair it. Ok THE CHARGE PORT IS BROKEN NO VISIBLE SIGNS OF ABUSE PHONE HAS BEEN IN DEFENDER CASE SINCE DAY ONE IT WILL NOT LINK TO A PC WITH SHORT IN THE PORT but she knows better. Finally she agreed to send me a replacement phone I am tired of the whole ordeal I said OK good enough. Left came home looking at the almost band new phone i am paying over $500 for and remembered she said she was going to send me a refurbished phone........I was tired just wanted to get out of there before I really lost my cool and get some kind of resolve. But after thinking about it this is a $500 dollar practically new phone now I am mad either send me a new one or cut my price for what you would charge for a refurbished phone... I still owe almost the full price under the Edge plan only a few payments on it. After thinking about it I will not settle for less then replace it with new or cut the price to refurbished cost. Verizon has just lost a 9 year customer. I will be calling back tomorrow (after I cool off) refurbished phone for the price of a new one will not cut it. To the woman's credit she did ask me how this exp could be made into a good one. Burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slick28nc

I definitely understand your concern with getting a replacement phone for the issues you are having. We honor the manufacturers warranty and are able to get you a working phone faster than having to send in your current phone and wait for it to be repaired or replaced. All the manufacturers state that a warranty claim can be repaired or replaced with refurbished parts. We get our Certified Like New phones directly from the manufacturer. To make sure that these devices on in the best possible shape, we put them through ANOTHER rigorous 100 point inspection after they arrive. This all happens while you hold onto your original device. When sending your phone in for a warranty claim, you have to wait for the manufacturer to inspect the device, repair if possible, replace if necessary and then ship it back to you. You would be without a device during this time.

If you have any concerns about the replacement phone you receive, definitely let us know!

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes