WILL NOT BACKUP APPS SETTINGS
GPENTSY

When I try to back up Apps +Settings the Nokia Icon Phone goes up to 96% then it stops and I get "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later. I have tried several times in different days and it always does the same.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WILL NOT BACKUP APPS SETTINGS
primortal
Master - Level 1

Delete the back that's there and try again.  This normally fixes the problem.

0 Likes
Re: WILL NOT BACKUP APPS  SETTINGS
GPENTSY

Deleted backup then backed up Apps + Settings again and same thing happenedand same announcement appeared.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Try deleting it again and way about 15-30 minutes before starting the backup again.  Do you have enough space on OneDrive?

Various people have same problem, http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/277723-backup-always-fails.htm...

0 Likes
Re: WILL NOT BACKUP APPS  SETTINGS
GPENTSY

Enough space in one drive waited half hour same thing. Looks like Microsoft or Verizon has to do a fix. We might have to wait for a long time they are not very responsive to problems in the field.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Are you using WiFi or Data?  My Icon has been backing up fine.  Which phone do you have?  Delete the back up; if there is one.  Do a soft rest and try again.

It's a Microsoft issue not VZW.  In the post I linked above there are others that have the same problem and none of the workarounds work.

0 Likes