I just got a replacement Galaxy S5. The basic visual voicemail will not activate. How do I get basic visual voicemail to work? The free version worked on my old phone.
mmattinglyuc

I just got a replacement Galaxy S5. The basic visual voicemail will not activate. How do I get basic visual voicemail to work? The free version worked on my old phone.

0 Likes
Re: I just got a replacement Galaxy S5. The basic visual voicemail will not activate. How do I get basic visual voicemail to work? The free version worked on my old phone.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What's happening when you open the Verizon Voice Mail App?

0 Likes
Re: I just got a replacement Galaxy S5. The basic visual voicemail will not activate. How do I get basic visual voicemail to work? The free version worked on my old phone.
mmattinglyuc

It just opens with no messages in it. All messages go to regular voicemail

instead of the basic visual voicemail

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you click the 3 dots on the right and hit refresh?

0 Likes
mmattinglyuc

I have tried that and rebooting the phone. When someone leaves a message,

it says there is one there, but when I open the app, nothing and the icon

disappears and a new one pops up telling me to dial *86 to check my

messages. On my old phone, the app worked perfect.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

As long as there are no voice mails in the app you want to save do this:

Settings>Application>Application Manager>Scroll left to ALL>Voice Mail

Force stop, delete the cache, delete the data and restart your phone. Then go to google play store and make sure the app is up to date and if not, update it, if it is, open the Verizon Voice Mail app and see if you can do the setup again.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

don't force stop....disable & you may be asked to uninstall updates.

force stop just stops until next message comes in.

0 Likes
mmattinglyuc

I tried this and after setting up again, it says there are no voicemails. I

know there are because I lefty one as a test message.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

did you leave it AFTER the setup was complete? Or you mean it was one from earlier?

0 Likes
mmattinglyuc

Both, and no luck

0 Likes